The first trailer for The Legend of Korra Book 4: Balance was released today and shows us that the new season will be set three years after the events of the Book 3 finale.
The trailer starts off with black and white flash backs to the final episodes of Book 3: Change, when Korra battled Zaheer and the other members of the Red Lotus, almost losing her life. The clips are accompanied by Tenzin’s deep voice as he recites the speech from Jinora’s airbending master anointing ceremony, when he promised Korra that the airbenders would take over her role of keeping peace in the world, until she was better.
There is way too much to talk about from this trailer. The entire 2 minutes and 18 seconds is filled with so much, that it’s hard to know where to start. A few highlights include:
– Jinora, Ikki, Meelo, and other airbenders now where slick gliding suits that allow them to fly.
– Korra’s new, short hairdo looks amazing!
– Asami can still kick butt.
– Korra looks as if she’s off training in the Earth Kingdom. Though, she could be protecting from herself from an attack. Anything is possible at this point.
– Kuvira, that mysterious solider from the end of Book 3 that people can’t stop talking about, is back. From the looks of things, she’s upped her game and looks to be leading some sort of earthbender/metalbender army. Will she be season 4’s big bad?
– Large, metal airships further confirm our suspicions that there will be some sort of larger metalbender threat in Book 4.
– Plus, further into the trailer, a large flag is hung from the entrance to a village? Possible one of her conquests? With the Earth Queen dead, perhaps Kuvira is looking to take over?
– Oogi and some unidentifiable passengers are brought down from the sky by vines. Could certain characters be visiting the home of The Foggy Swamp Tribe?
– We see Suyin looking guilty, flanked by two male metalbenders.
– Korra is seen visiting the spirit portal at the Southern Water Tribe, perhaps in her search for “balance.”
– We also get our first look at Zuko’s daughter, the current Fire Lord. She’s seen sitting in a row with Zuko, the President of Republic City, and Tenzin. Anyone else notice that she bares a striking resemblance to Mai from Avatar: The Last Airbender?
– We also get a quick glimpse of Katara working her waterbending on Korra in a healing pool.
– Bolin is seen a few times, but I wasn’t able to catch a glimpse of Mako. Did anyone else see him?
– I’m calling it: Kuvira is in this trailer way too much to not have an antagonistic role.
The very last seconds of the trailer see Korra standing in a cave with a flame in her hands. A look of shock across her face, she says, “I can’t believe it. Toph?”
Will the world’s greatest eartbender and the inventor of metalbending finally be making an appearance?
The Legend of Korra Book 4: Balance will premiere on October 3 on Nick.com!