The Hidden Oracle, the first in Rick Riordan‘s The Trials of Apollo series, hit bookshelves on May 3. Haven’t had a chance to grab a copy for yourself? Here’s your chance to add to your collection!
“After angering his father Zeus, the god Apollo is cast down from Olympus,” the book’s synopsis reads. “Weak and disoriented, he lands in New York City as a regular teenage boy. Now, without his godly powers, the four-thousand-year-old deity must learn to survive in the modern world until he can somehow find a way to regain Zeus’s favor.
But Apollo has many enemies—gods, monsters, and mortals who would love to see the former Olympian permanently destroyed. Apollo needs help, and he can think of only one place to go . . . an enclave of modern demigods known as Camp Half-Blood.”
The Hidden Oracle is being released with five retail-specific editions. Each edition includes a unique insert that you can get exclusively from that retailer. Collect them all!
1. Barnes & Noble Exclusive Edition includes a Camp Half-Blood letter from Apollo to Zeus!
2. Target Exclusive Edition includes an illustrated map of Apollo’s Trials at Camp Half-Blood
3. Books-a-Million Exclusive Edition includes an Apollo Bumper Sticker (“I’d Rather be Driving by Sun Chariot”)
4. Walmart Exclusive Edition includes a 2-sided bookmark with character art of Apollo and his mortal counterpart, Lester.
5. Costco Exclusive Edition includes an illustrated poster depicting the “Plague of Secrets” scene from The Hidden Oracle
Still not convinced? Visit ReadRiordan.com to read an excerpt from the book and tangle yourself in a web of magic, mystery, and archery.
You can also download The Hidden Oracle Activity Kit, filled with party recipes, games, trivia activities, and more!
Watch the official trailer:
Disclaimer: This post is brought to you in partnership with Disney-Hyperion.