If you know me, you know I’ve seen The Devil Wears Prada about 67898 times. Not really by choice, mostly based on convenience and the fact that it’s the only movie I have on my laptop, which means anytime I travel (hey, train), I’m usually watching Meryl Streep and Anne Hathaway while I eat a muffin and brush the crumbs off my shirt while everyone stares in disgust.
Earlier today, I sat down to watch the iconic movie, which introduced most of the world to the goddess that is Emily Blunt, for the 67899th time. I thought, Hey, this would be a great time to jot down some thoughts. So, here they are. If you’d like to follow along, pop in the movie, grab your snack of choice (hey, chocolate covered almonds), maybe a friend or two, and enjoy:
1. I don’t think Andy brushed her teeth long enough.
2. But I’m not a dentist, so who’s to say?
3. Those granny panties look so comfortable.
4. Not only do these other girls apparently dress better, but they’re doing everything so slowly. Like that earring isn’t heavy, why can’t you put it on faster?
5. Ugh, Nate is so supportive now, but we all know how that ends.
6. If I could afford to take a taxi to work everyday, I’d be so fucking happy.
7. Sorry, but who only eats almonds for breakfast?
8. Like, those almonds better be going into a smoothie and that smoothie better be going next to a stack of pancakes.
9. If I was Andy, I’d actually be shitting my pants.
10. But she probably doesn’t realize she’s about to meet Meryl Streep.
11. Yes, Emily Blunt! YES.
12. A star is born.
13. What makes her think you’re not interested in fashion? Uh… Sure.
14. Meryl Streep is coming. I’d be actually falling down.
15. Meryl is a chameleon.
16. I want someone to pour me Perrier.
17. My kingdom for an empty elevator.
18. Should I dye my hair white?
19. Tortes filed with warm rhubarb compote.
20. I had eggs for dinner.
21. No one cares about you winning a national competition, Andy.
22. Nate just asked Andy if it was a phone interview because she doesn’t dress well. What a fucking dick. I actually can’t stand him.
23. Someone had better bring me Starbucks at that quick pace one day.
24. Disclaimer: I’m incredibly attracted to Stanley Tucci in almost role he’s in.
25. I mean, Andy could have probably at least brushed her hair. But, what do I know? I’m not in fashion.
26. Ew, corn chowder. What is that?
27. Miranda in that run through meeting is me in my head anytime most mornings.
28. Andy just stepped in it.
29. ‘It’ being shit. You know…
30. This stuff?
31. Miranda just dragged her across that carpeted office floor.
32. Emily in the background loving this is all of us.
33. “Get me that little table at that store I like on Madison.”
34. I think we all sometimes just need a private jet.
35. Oh, sure. Nate is all excited about Andy when she has new clothes. Just wait.
36. Literally all of her friends are dicks, omg.
37. She’s going to deliver the book. She’s IN. SHE’S IN.
38. Those twins are actually sent straight from hell.
39. Did no one hear Andy throw those dishes in the sink? Like, she just threw a fit and everyone was like, “Hm.. what?”
40. Andy completing the impossible task is like the fashion world’s version of The Hunger Games.
41. Ew, those twins need to not be in this movie anymore.
42. “Florals? For spring? Groundbreaking.” Iconic.
43. Miranda around a sick Emily is literally all of us. Admit it.
44. “It’s Ambassador Franklin and that’s the woman he left is wife for, Rebecca.”
45. I knew that line without hearing it first. I’ve seen this movie too many times.
46. You’re welcome, Emily.
47. Oh, boo hoo, Nate. Andy missed his birthday. Sorry she was busy having a career.
48. Andy is the new Emily.
49. I mean, I don’t know if Emily needed to get hit by a car. But, I guess it’s like… karmic? Nah, she wasn’t that bad.
50. Andy’s art gallery friend is actually the worst. Like, it’s cool, don’t ask her what’s up. Just jump to conclusions.
51. Forget all of them, Andy. You’re in Paris now.
52. Don’t cry over a divorce, Miranda. You’re a queen. You’re a goddess. You’re a phoenix. Rise from the ashes and leave a trail of scorched earth in your wake.
53. Andy has finally earned Nigel’s stamp of approval on her fashion choices. Get it, gurl.
54. I actually can’t stand this guy that is into Andy. I can’t remember his name but he’s such bad news and so shady.
55. And his pickup/flirting lines are not cute.
56. See, Andy! I warned you.
57. The sex was probably good, but he’s a certified scumbag.
58. I hate him.
59. Tell him, Andy. Drag his ass.
60. So, Miranda’s a snake, cheating Nigel out of his dream job. But, she looks fierce. So I’m conflicted.
61. Yeah, Andy, throw that phone away.
62. TAKE. BACK. YOUR LIFE.
64. Okay, but I didn’t mean go back to Nate.
65. I mean, it’s your life. Do whatever you want.
66. I think it would have been a better ending if, after they acknowledge each other on the street, Miranda has her car drive up on the sidewalk and plow Andy down.