Connect with us

crime

Hundreds gather at the funeral of Bulgarian journalist Viktoria Marinova

MK Tomar

Published

on

Hundreds gather at the funeral of Bulgarian journalist Viktoria Marinova

On Friday, a turnout of more than hundreds of people was present at the funeral of Viktoria Marinova, in Ruse, Bulgaria. The TV journalist from Bulgaria, was murdered last week. She died from strong blows on her head and suffocation. She had also been raped.

All the gathered people were carrying flowers and wreaths, heading towards Ruse, the north-eastern city of Bulgaria, for paying their homage to the TV journalist from TVN. Marinova’s body was found near Danube, last Saturday.

She was buried in a private ceremony, in Ruse, after a memorial service.

A 20-year-old suspect, named Severin Krasimirov, has been under custody, who was arrested on Tuesday, in the northern city of Stade, near Hamburg, in Germany.

A German court on Friday said that Krasimirov would be sent back to Bulgaria. In the questioning, the suspect denied raping Marinova and said that he did not want to kill her. He said that he had an argument with her and due to the strong influence of alcohol and drugs, he punched her in the face, after which she fell down. He then picked her up and threw her in the bushes. But he had left the scene then and there only, he told further.

Marinova, 30, is the third journalist to be murdered, in last 12 months, in Europe. She was a presenter of a current affairs show on the local TV channel, TVN.

Viktoria Marinova’s final show was with two journalists who were working on allegations of corruption and misuse of European Union’s funds.

Before her, two other journalists, Jan Kuciak (killed in Slovakia in February) and Daphne Caruana Galizia (killed in Malta, in October last year), were also murdered. Speaking of only Bulgaria, then the country has been the most unsafe place for journalists. It ranks at 111 out of 180 countries, as per the report of Reporters Without Borders. It’s an international non-profit, non-governmental organization based in Paris, France. It works on the issues relating to freedom of the press and freedom of information.

The gruesome incident with Marinova is another dark proof of how the ‘big powers’ are constantly affecting everything on this planet-even the catalysts who disseminate information and truth to the masses. No one’s face, anywhere.

Read More: Mother of Brazil winger Taison released by cops after kidnapping

Celebrities

Football: Cristiano Ronaldo out from Portugal team after rape claims!

MK Tomar

Published

on

Football: Cristiano Ronaldo out from Portugal team after rape claims!

Coming as a big shock to many in the football arena, Cristiano Ronaldo has been left out of the Portugal football team after rape allegations by a former model. Kathryn Mayorga, 34, has claimed that the current Juventus footballer raped her, in Las Vegas, back in 2009.

However, Ronaldo has denied such accusations by Ms. Mayorga.

Portugal national football team, however, decided to keep the former Real Madrid star out of their squad for the next two games, after the Las Vegas police also announced to re-open a case involving Kathryn Mayorga.

This means that the Portugal national team will be playing without their star player in the upcoming game against Poland in the UEFA Nations League, next Thursday and in another friendly game against Scotland three days later.

Portugal coach, Fernando Santos has also said that the accused footballer won’t be called for the next round of international matches in the next month. But he told that this decision was taken after a discussion between him, Ronaldo and the head of Portuguese Football Federation himself.

As far as the allegations by Kathryn Mayorga are concerned, she has filed a lawsuit against Ronaldo, seeking to void a $375,000 non-disclosure agreement, which she was forced to sign. She claims that the Portuguese footballer raped her in Las Vegas, in June 2009, and is now seeking $200,000 in damages.

About the claims made by Kathryn Mayorga, the Las Vegas police department told that it has responded to a call regarding a case of sexual assault on 13 June 2009, and has now re-opened that case.

Telling ‘The Telegraph’ in a statement, the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department said that the victim didn’t provide any location of the incident, at the time of report being taken. The police also told that a medical exam was also conducted.

But, the police refused to say whether the subject of investigation is footballer Cristiano Ronaldo or not.

Cristiano Ronaldo is the most experienced player for Portugal national team so far, with 154 caps!

The entire fandom of the footballer is left in a shock at the moment.

But the new Italian club which he is currently playing for, Juventus, has come forward in defense of their star player. Juventus posted a statement on their Twitter page about the player’s innocence.

 

Read More: Nokia 7.1: Leaked Specs, Price, Details, Release date

Continue Reading

Trending