Best Abs Workout For Men: Regular exercise is one of the most important things to make your health better. Men should be fit as it immensely affects their daily work and supports healthy sleep.
The main focus should be on the core body. It gives strength and support to the entire metabolism and makes you feel good about yourself. Abs are a part of your core and the stronger they are, healthier will be the core. They provide a powerful axis for your entire body.
These exercises make you a better athlete because a strong core lets you transfer more power. It helps you keep your torso in a stable position. The abdominal strength and endurance have positive benefits when it comes to daily function and physical health.
Here are 5 exercises with benefits and instructions that will help men keep their rectus abdominal in shape.
1- Ab wheel rollout
- Ab wheel rollout helps to strengthen your muscles and has several health benefits.
- It not only has an effect on your abs but also your hip flexors.
- This exercise increases your stamina and helps you manage your weight.
- It reduces anxiety and improves your balance.
- It also improves your posture due to midsection strength.
Place the roller on the floor, hold it with both your hands and kneel on the floor. Now slowly roll the ab roller forward, stretching your body in a straight position. Try to go as far as you can, without touching the floor with your body. While stretching out, breathe in deeply then take a pause at the stretched position. Then pull yourself back to the initial position and breathe out. While performing this exercise, keep your abdominal muscles tight at all times.
2- Hanging leg raise
- It not only strengthens your abs but also your back, arms, shoulders, and even legs.
- It has a huge effect on the entire abdominal region.
- They help with reducing belly fat by burning the fat.
This exercise strictly requires strength, flexibility, endurance, and a tight hold or grip.
Hang from a bar with both arms stretched and legs straight down with the pelvis rolled slightly backward. Now raise your legs until the abdomen makes a 90° with the legs. You can even curl knees up to your chest as per trying few variations. Exhale while lifting up and hold the position for a second or more. Then go back to the initial position and breathe in.
You begin to feel the pressure on your abdomen after following a few reps.
- Crunches improve your muscle strength and flexibility.
- It is a core working exercise and works the rectus abdominis muscle.
- It builds endurance and helps maintain good posture.
- You can do this exercise anywhere because no storage space or tools are required.
Lay down flat on your back with your hands behind your head and your knees bent. Now rise up using your shoulders and core to meet your pelvis. Make sure you don’t apply pressure through your hands or neck to rise up. Breathe in and out while performing this abdominal exercise. You will begin to feel your abs contracting after doing 8-10 crunches. That’s when you know your carbs are burning.
4- Bicycle crunches
- It builds abdominal strength and works on the core muscles.
- Chest muscles are also toned up and built in this exercise.
- It engages all your ab muscles and is excellent for building core strength.
- Bicycle crunches are perfect to lose weight because cycling is an effective cardio exercise.
Lay yourself flat on the floor with your face up. Place your hands behind your head and raise your legs such that your thighs and calves are parallel to the ground. Now touch your right elbow to your left knee while pulling your knee up towards your head. While doing this activity, tense your muscles and repeat this with other sides as well. Repeat this for 10-20 times or for 20 to 60 seconds.
5- Abdominal toe toucher
- This exercise targets the middle and upper area of your abs.
- Abdominal toe toucher helps to tone and tighten up your midsection to get a lean stomach.
Lie faceup on the floor and lift your legs straight up into the air. Now point both your arms stretched up in order to touch your toes with your fingertips. While doing this, make sure that your lower back is pressed flat on the ground. Exhale while you crunch forward and hold for few seconds. Repeat this exercise till required. This helps bring stability and balance.