Connect with us

Americas

President Donald gets Trumped! Judge orders to restore CNN’s Jim Acosta’s White House pass

Published

on

In a big blow to the administration of US President Donald Trump, a federal judge ordered the White House, on Friday, to restore the access pass for CNN’s reporter Jim Acosta. But the pass which has been restored is temporary.

There was a heated exchange of words between CNN’s Jim Acosta and President Trump during a press conference, a few days ago.

After that White House had banned Acosta’s entry, and in its response, CNN had also sued White House earlier this week, demanding the immediate return of Acosta’s press credentials.

More: Federal Reserve System: Donald Trump is Not Happy With Interest Rates

US district judge, Timothy Kelly ordered the White House, on Friday, to restore Acosta’s “hard pass” immediately. He also warned that the order is a temporary measure, while the case continues. But he said that he found it likely that CNN would succeed in its claim that its Fifth Amendment rights due to the process were violated.

More: Western Aid: Syrian “White Helmets” fly to Jordan with Israeli

The judge also said that White House press secretary Sarah Sanders’s earlier statement on the reasons for revoking Acosta’s pass were certainly untrue and at least were partly based on evidence that was of questionable accuracy.

Sanders had initially said that Acosta had been penalized for touching a White House intern after she tried to remove his microphone, during his interaction with President Trump.

More: DJ Moby Vows He Will Flee To Canada If Trump Is Re-Elected

District judge Timothy Kelly, who’s a Trump appointee, didn’t an emphasis on the first amendment’s protection for freedom of speech and the press but instead focused on a due provision of the US constitution that provides for fair treatment via a judicial or administrative process.

Kelly said in his verbal ruling that whatever process occurred within the government is still so shrouded in mystery that the government at oral argument could not tell him who made the initial decision to revoke Mr. Acosta’s press pass.

After the ruling, White House said it would temporarily restore Acosta’s pass.

The case though will still be continuing further between CNN and the Trump administration.

CNN, the cable news giant, has remained a target for a while, for Donald Trump in his war against ‘mainstream media’.

Meanwhile, reporter Jim Acosta is now back to his work as usual.

More: Trump breaks procedure throughout Royal see as he keeps Queen waiting 12 minutes and strolls in front of her

Americas

Trump Tweets ‘We Have Defeated ISIS’ as US Starts Withdrawal from Syria

Published

on

Trump Tweets ‘We Have Defeated ISIS’ as US Starts Withdrawal from Syria

Head Of State Donald Trump has actually tweeted that ISIS has actually been beat, as the White Residence introduced that United States has actually begun taking out its soldiers from Syria.

The United States has actually started the withdrawal of its soldiers from Syria, the White Residence claimed in a declaration. Nevertheless, it included that the action does not indicate an end of the armed forces project in the war-torn nation yet notes a ” brand-new stage” in the battle versus Islamic State (IS, previously ISIS).

” These success over ISIS in Syria do not signify completion of the Worldwide Union or its project. We have actually begun returning USA soldiers residence as we change to the following stage of this project,” White Residence spokesperson Sarah Sanders claimed.

She additionally partially resembled an earlier tweet by Head of state Trump, that additionally claimed that IS terrorists were beat while calling the team ” the only factor for [the US troops] existing [in Syria].”

According to some records, the withdrawal may mainly impact the United States soldiers on the ground collaborating with a partnership of Arab as well as Kurdish militias, called the Syrian Autonomous Pressures (SDF). The United States has a total amount of 2,000 servicemen there, that are specifically associated with educating the regional militias. The information come as the SDF are apparently on the brink of taking back among the terrorist team’s last significant fortress– the community of Hajin, situated east of the Euphrates.

The pullout is anticipated to take in between 60 as well as 100 days, according to records pointing out United States authorities. Added records recommended that all United States State Division workers would certainly additionally be left from Syria within 24 hrs.

Also after the withdrawal, nonetheless, the United States would certainly still keep a significant visibility in the surrounding Iraq, with some 5,200 soldiers posted simply throughout the Syrian boundary. The airplane of the US-led union– the key device of Washington as well as its allies in the Syrian dispute– will certainly additionally still have the ability to proceed their air assault flying out of Qatar as well as various other bases in the center East.


Washington’s choice comes simply days after the Turkish Head Of State Recep Tayyip Erdogan prompted the United States to make its Kurdish allies take out from the community of Manbij, situated west of the Euphrates, in northeastern Syria.

Ankara takes into consideration Syrian Kurdish militias an expansion of the Turkey-based anti-government guerrillas as well as brand names the Syrian Kurdish YPG boxers as terrorists. Erdogan intimidated to get his soldiers to storm Manbij if the United States falls short to meet his need. Recently, he introduced strategies to introduce an armed forces procedure in the Kurdish locations ” within days.”

In very early December, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Team General Joseph Dunford whined that the United States does not have experienced regional boxers on the ground to ” give security” to Syria.

Trump made a statement that the United States would certainly be leaving Syria ” soon” back in March as well as never ever formally strolled it back.

Continue Reading

Americas

Dow Dives 800 points to below 22,000, S&P 500 enters bear market

Published

on

Dow Dives 800 points to below 22,000, S&P 500 enters bear market

Trump resumed his attack on the Fed on Monday, tweeting that the central bank is “the only problem” with the U.S. economy.

Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin held calls on Sunday with the heads of the six largest U.S. banks in order to reassure nervous investors.

The NYSE closes early on Monday at 1 p.m. ET. The exchange is closed on Tuesday for Christmas day.

U.S. stocks plunged on Monday in their worst day of Christmas Eve trading ever, as the S&P 500 entered a bear market.

The Dow Jones Industrial Average dropped by 653 points Monday in volatile trading, falling below 22,000. The Dow sank more than 2 percent, then recovered nearly all of the day’s losses, before again falling more than 2 percent. The S&P 500 fell 2.7 percent, slipping into a bear market, falling 20.06 percent from recent highs. Wall Street traditionally considers a drop of 20 percent or more from recent highs to be a bear market.

The uncertainty over the global economy weighed down all of the indices. The tech-heavy NASDAQ ended the day 3.8 percent or 283 points lower at 7,158. The S&P 500 index closed at 2,700, down 90 points or 3.24 percent.

“Violent volatility resumed as tumbling bond yields, a flattening yield curve and lingering questions about the G20 US-China trade truce combined to stoke increasing recession fears. While US growth is still holding up OK, worries are increasing about the overseas economic outlook. All this macro-economic uncertainty is clouding the 2019 earnings outlook, leading to increasingly violent equity swings as investors try to handicap what 2019 will look like,” Alec Young, managing director of Global Markets Research, FTSE Russell, told ABC News.

“Cyclical sectors like technology, financials and industrials led markets lower, while defensive areas like utilities and real estate weathered the storm best. Until confidence in the global economy improves and bond yields stabilize, market psychology is likely to remain fragile,” Young added.

Continue Reading

Americas

41st US President George H.W.Bush Dies at the Age of 94

Published

on

41st US President George H.W.Bush Dies at the Age of 94

Senior George Bush, who was a steady force amid the crisis period of the Soviet Union’s breakup and the invasion of Kuwait by Iraq, died at the age of 94 yesterday. He remained the President during the tenure of 1989 to 1993.

His son, George W. Bush said on behalf of his family: “George Herbert Walker Bush, world war two naval aviator, Texas oil pioneer, and 41st president of the United States of America, died on 30 November 2018.

“He was 94 and is survived by his five children and their spouses, 17 grandchildren, eight great-grandchildren, and two siblings. He was preceded in death by his wife of 73 years, Barbara; his second child Pauline Robinson ‘Robin’ Bush; and his brothers Prescott and William or ‘Bucky’ Bush. Funeral arrangements will be announced as soon as is practical.”

The statement from the late former President’s office had also previously told that George Herbert Walker Bush, a WW II naval aviator, Texas oil pioneer, and 41st US President, died on November 30, 2018. He was survived by his five children and two siblings. His wife, Barbara, had already died, previously, at 73. There was also his second child Pauline Robinson ‘Robin’ Bush; and his brothers Prescott and William or ‘Bucky’ Bush.

The announcements about George Bush Senior’s funeral will be made soon.

Bush had been admitted to hospital in Houston, Texas, back in November 2012 due to the problem of a bronchitis-related cough. It resulted in a two-month stay under the observation of doctors. Two years later, he spent another week in the hospital after the complaint of shortness of breath.

Current US President Donald Trump also admired Bush for his sound judgment, common sense, and unflappable leadership.

Bush was highly respected for showing steady hand during the fall of the Berlin wall, an unpredictable moment in history. As the Soviet-backed communism in eastern Europe collapsed, the US emerged as the single global superpower.

He will also be remembered for bringing two legislative laws that he introduced in America: the clean Air Act Amendments, being signed into a law in 1990, and the Americans with Disabilities Act, which was also made a law in that same year.

Former US President Barak Obama and his wife Michelle Obama also issued their statement on Bush’s death: “America has lost a patriot and humble servant in George Herbert Walker Bush. While our hearts are heavy today, they are also filled with gratitude. Not merely for the years he spent as our 41st President, but for the more than 70 years he spent in devoted service to the country he loved – from a decorated naval aviator who nearly gave his life in World War II, to commander-in-chief of our armed forces, with plenty of posts along the way.”

Continue Reading

Americas

Japanese Anti-trust Authorities will probe Tech giants Facebook, Amazon, and Google among others!

Published

on

Japanese Anti-trust Authorities will probe Tech giants Facebook, Amazon, and Google among others!

Japan’s Antitrust agencies will probe tech giants like Facebook, Google, Apple, and Amazon to find out if these big players are using their market-leader positions to exploit contractors or obstruct competition, said Japan’s fair-trade chief, on Thursday. In an interaction with the Mainichi Shimbun newspaper, the head of Japan’s Fair Trade Commission (JFTC) said that the investigation would take place next year.

Kazuyuki Sugimoto, the head of JFTC, said that they will probe whether ‘platformers’ are obstructing the technological innovation of Japanese companies.

Here, the term ‘platformers’ refers to the tech giants who are currently dominating their sector, and this includes the likes of Apple, Amazon, Facebook and Google.

Kazuyuki also told that the probe would study whether the client data hoarding is obstructing newcomers from entering the market, or whether their dominant positions in the market are forcing their business partners to cut prices.

The investigation, yet to take place, will include meetings with the businesses and their partners, and it could also mean summoning company officials, by the antitrust watchdog.

Earlier in March, the Japanese unit of Amazon said that it was cooperating with the authorities after the JFTC raided its Tokyo headquarters on allegations of anti-trust violations.

The Japanese local media reported that the raids were related to the allegations that ‘Amazon Japan’ improperly demanded fees from suppliers, with public broadcaster NHK reporting that the firm told the suppliers it would stop working with them if they did not pay.

So, this decision of probing by Japanese anti-trust authorities also comes after the European authorities cracked down on the US tech giants.

The European Union, earlier this year, issued a record EUR 4.34 billion ($5 billion, translating about Rs.37,000 crores) anti-trust fine to US tech giant Google, accusing it of using its Android system’s huge popularity to promote its Google search engine and shut out rivals.

In its reply, Google appealed the decision, arguing that the EU’s accusations were unfounded, but last month itself it said that it would comply with the decision in order to avoid further fines.

The European Parliament, in September, approved a controversial EU copyright law that in a way gives more power to news and record companies against the Internet giants like Facebook and Google, though these firms have also pledged to fight against this ruling.

Continue Reading

Americas

Apple’s new generation iPad Pro is here, Plus the New Macbook Air too!

Published

on

Apple’s new generation iPad Pro is here, Plus the New Macbook Air too!

This year, Apple came up with two events for its most popular devices. Where in September, it was about the iPhone XS, XS Max and XR, in the October end, it amazed the tech enthusiasts again by unveiling the newer, third generation of its iPads. On October 30, the Californian tech giant revealed its new line-up of tablets along with a new MacBook Air too.

The New iPad Pros

Apple announced two new tablets under its iPad series, the iPad Pro with screen sizes of 11inch and 12.9inch. The highlight of them is that they come with the now popularized Face ID, USB Type-C charging ports, and a ‘Liquid Retina’ display (also used in this year’s iPhone XR).

Another surprise was the omission of ‘Home Button’ from the iPads. Yes, Apple has done away with the most secure utility on its tablets too, in favor of the iOS 12 gestures. Now you will be doing all your tasks via gestures like you do on your iPhone X and above models. You can swipe from any edge of the iPad’s screen to come to the home screen, and also use those swipes to do multi-tasking, switch between apps, bring up the Notification Center, and other functions et al.

The Apple Pencil has also been improvised, adding up gestures to change between modes of using it. There is also the flat side on it, from preventing it from rolling away, and a new way of charging via magnetic attachment. But the bad news is that the newer version of Apple Pencil won’t be compatible with the previous generations of the iPads, and also the older Apple Pencils won’t be working with the latest iPads either.

Apple’s new generation iPad Pro is here, Plus the New Macbook Air too!

The new iPad Pro. Image Source: cdn.cultofmac.com

Talking of the specs, then the new iPads have also got the fastest chip from Apple now. They are powered by the A12 Bionic Chip which is ultrafast and smooth, be it any task. The older iPads (10.5inch iPad Pro and 9.7inch iPad) on the other hand used the A10X and A10 processing chips. The A12 chip is 9 times faster than the previous ones, so that makes a huge difference in terms of blazing fast performance.

On both the 11inch and 12.9inch iPad Pros, there is a 12MP rear and 7MP front camera. Other similar features include battery life of up to 10 hours, Liquid Retina display, True Tone, ProMotion and no 3.5 mm headphone jack. The screen resolution on the 11inch model is 2388x1668p, while on the 12.9inch model, it is 2732x2048p.

When it comes to pricing then, only the US-based pricing has been announced for the latest iPad upgrades. But here’s the thing which keeps a separation among the newer iPad models themselves too.

There is the Wi-Fi only and Wi-Fi + Cellular category, which means two ways of having these high-end tablets.

The 11inch (Wi-Fi only) iPad Pro for 64GB, 256GB, 512GB, and 1TB internal storage options will be available for $799, $949, $1,149, and $1,549 respectively. While the 11inch (Wi-Fi + Cellular) iPad Pro for 64GB, 256GB, 512GB, and 1TB storage options will be available for $949, $1,099, $1,299, and $1,699 respectively.

On the other hand, the 12.9inch (Wi-Fi only) iPad Pro for 64GB, 256GB, 512GB, and 1TB internal storage options will be available for $999, $1,149, $1,349, and $1,749. While the 12.9inch (Wi-Fi + Cellular) iPad Pro for 64GB, 256GB, 512GB, and 1TB storage options will be available for $1,149, $1,299, $1,499, and $1,899.

The new MacBook Air

Talking of the newly released MacBook Air itself, then Apple has introduced something refreshing in their most lightweight laptop in three long years. The new MacBook Air features a Retina display and has 50% thinner bezels. The screen-size is 13.3inch (with a resolution of 2560x1600p) which expands to give you a kind of an all-screen display. There are two USB-C ports, Bluetooth 4.2, and the good thing is, it has retained the 3.5mm headphone jack.

When it comes to heaviness, then it feels so light, being at just 2.75 pounds.

Apple’s new generation iPad Pro is here, Plus the New Macbook Air too!

The unveiling of the new MacBook Air during the event. Image Source: cnet2.cbsistatic.com

Also, the addition of Touch ID makes it even more secure and safer to log in on the MacBook Air too. It is powered by the T2 chip, similar to the last year’s MacBook Pro and iMac Pro models. But there is no Touch Bar on the Air model. It may be pleasing for some Macbook users since many people didn’t actually like the Touch Bar on the previously released MacBook Pro.

The thing which makes the new MacBook Air very powerful and mighty is the 8th Gen Intel dual-core CPU with integrated graphics. The RAM is increased up to 16GB (the base variant has 8GB of RAM) and the flash storage is enhanced up to 1.5TB SSD.

When it comes to pricing, then the base model of new MacBook Air with 8GB RAM and 8th Gen 1.6GHz Core i5 processor, and 128GB SSD will be available for $1,199. While the 256GB SSD model will be available for $1,399.

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Advertisement

Trending

Copyright © 2019 @ RecentlyHeard.com.