Connect with us

india

AAP MLA Somnath Bharti booked for abusing woman journalist on TV show

Published

on

AAP MLA Somnath Bharti booked for abusing woman journalist on TV show

A woman journalist of a private TV news channel filed a complaint against AAP MLA Somnath Bharti, after which he was booked on Wednesday, on charges of hurling abuses, during a TV show, said a police official.

FIR was lodged against Bharti after the woman journalist accused him of calling her ‘to become a prostitute’ during the show.

In the complaint, the woman, who’s an anchor on the Hindi news channel, Sudarshan News, told the police that in-between the TV show, Somnath Bharti called her a ‘BJP agent’ and asked her to ‘become a prostitute’.

The AAP MLA however, denied such charges and threatened to file a defamation case against both the news channel and the woman anchor herself. He said that he had joined TV show over the phone for discussing the attack on Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal on Tuesday, but the video was presented by manipulating it.

Bharti told PTI, “I will file a defamation case against both the news anchor as well as the channel”.

The complaint from the woman journalist against the MLA was filed by the scribe at the Women Police Station in Noida and an FIR was also registered against him under section 504 and 509 of the Indian Penal Code.

More: Using Google Analytics to Track the multiple sites traffic

Section 504 lists the offense of heaping “intentional insult with an intent to provoke breach of the peace”, and Section 509 pertains to “insulting a woman’s modesty through words, gestures or an act”, said a police official.

Somnath Bharti is also a lawyer who became a politician representing the Aam Aadmi Party. As a lawyer, he practiced at the Supreme Court and Delhi High Court.

Meanwhile, according to the latest reports, Somnath Bharti also apologized to the anchor on Twitter. Immediately after the show, he took to Twitter to clarify that he didn’t want to target the woman anchor, but still, if his words hurt her, then he apologizes for that. He also wrote that he’s a devotee of Lord Shiva and respects every lady.

#MeTooIndia: MJ Akbar files criminal defamation case against journalist Priya Ramani

big devices

Apple Has Lost $450 Billion of Revenue Since October 2018!

Published

on

Apple Has Lost $450 Billion of Revenue Since October 2018!

Just about three months ago, the California tech-giant was enjoying a smooth ride with profits coming in, constantly; considering the fact that it was also the most valued company on the planet, last year. But since October 2018, the freefall of its revenues has generated a lot of ‘negative buzz’ among the analysts, the investors, the consumers, and also those who are the admirers of Apple Inc. in one or the other ways.

Apple has so far lost $450 billion of revenue since October, which is more than even the ‘overall value of social networking giant Facebook’. The total value of Facebook is about $383.76 billion. Well, FB’s total worth is also more than the total GDP of some countries like Iran, Norway, and Austria!

Now, you can imagine how big the loss is for Apple, even taking into account that it’s still got a lot of money and will probably make up for the losses very soon.

On Thursday, the iPhone maker’s stocks fell by 9.96%.

Way back, three months ago, on October 3rd, 2018, when Apple hit a peak of $232.07 per share, it gained a market cap of $1.16 trillion. But now, it just dropped to a low of about $142.19 per share (new results may vary from the article’s figures), clearing out a massive amount of $450 billion from its revenue. And on Thursday, January 3rd, Apple’s market cap was standing at $710.97 billion, as per the reports of Macrotrends.

And now Apple has also lost its position as world’s third most valuable company to Google’s Alphabet.

Apple has been struggling to maintain its aura for a while now and many experts are saying that to boost the revenues further and by a large number, Apple should also try to enter the budget-flagship or budget range of smartphones, as per the current trend. But that, for now, seems unlikely since Apple is a luxury phone making brand and always keeps the priority very high for the value of its products.

But it needs to understand the changing scenario in the markets currently, across the globe. If it keeps going like this then brands like OnePlus and Xiaomi will eventually end up becoming the true ‘smartphone profit makers’.

It looks like a state of a ‘slight’ emergency for Tim Cook and his team to sustain the company’s growth, just like it was moving three months ago.

Even the famous tech YouTube channel Unbox Therapy also came up with a video recently, discussing how Apple should move ahead if it has to live up to the fast-growing trends. Lewis Hilsenteger, who runs the channel, also talked about Apple’s recent decision to make the iPhones in India, in 2019.
[youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1oMJRjY_uoM]
Source: Business Insider

Continue Reading

Amazon india

Realme 3 Pro: Price, Specifications, Features Leaked, Budget Mid-range Phone?

Published

on

Realme 3 Pro: Price, Specifications, Features Leaked, Budget Mid-range Phone?

In a time where Oppo, Vivo, Samsung etc. are bringing top notch phones in high range and prices, Oppo’s subunit Realme is something different. It would not be wrong to say that in the generation of high range telephonic devices, Realme has stormed the market by launching highly specified phones in mid range prices or in our budget.

It all started with the launch of the Realme 1, but the game changed after Realme 2 was launched. At that time, Vivo and Oppo were giving notch phones at an approx. rate of ₹ 26K. And, Realme entered the market with its notch phone at only ₹ 9K. Just look at the difference. Since then, there is no stopping for Realme.

Realme 3 Pro: Price, Specifications, Features Leaked, Budget Mid-range Phone?

Realme 3 Pro: Price, Specifications, Features Leaked, Budget Mid-range Phone?

And now, it is back with another smartphone, better than the previous ones. At least, rumours say that the phone will be launched in India by March 2019. But, we have brought you some leaked information about the flagship phone.

Display and Configuration

Coming to the phone, the Realme 3 Pro flaunts a 6.3 inch FHD+ IPS LCD display, with a screen resolution of 1,080 x 2,340 pixels with a pixel density of 409 PPI. This screen size and specs is enough for users to watch movies or videos and play games on a large, bezel-less clear screen with reality colour. And the aspect ratio of 19:5:9 is really trendy to look on. When it comes to performance, it is powered by an Octa-core (2GHz quad-core, Cortex A73 + 2GHz quad-core, Cortex A53) processor which combines with the MediaTek Helio P60 chipset to give high performance. And the graphics department is led by Mali-G72 MP3 GPU.

Realme 3 Pro: Price, Specifications, Features Leaked, Budget Mid-range Phone?

Realme 3 Pro: Price, Specifications, Features Leaked, Budget Mid-range Phone?

According to rumors, the phone gives you one variant in terms of RAM, which is 6 GB and internal memory of 64 GB which is expandable up to 256 GB, but there are two phone color variants – Black and Gold.

Read More: ASUS ROG PHONE : Ultimate Gaming Phone For Hardcore Gamers

Camera and Battery

We know both Oppo and the sub unit Realme focus well on their camera (except Realme 1!). And Realme 3 Pro confess with dual rear camera setup which gives you one 16 MP primary camera and one 2 MP secondary camera, and both of then allow you to take great photos. The single camera setup in the front has a 20 MP camera, suitable for clicking mesmerising selfies. The Li-ion battery has a capacity of 4100 mAh, which is claimed to provide you ample power to last for one day.

 

Realme 3 Pro: Price, Specifications, Features Leaked, Budget Mid-range Phone?

Realme 3 Pro: Price, Specifications, Features Leaked, Budget Mid-range Phone?

Storage and Connectivity

When the case is about storage, you are provided with 64 GB of in-built internal storage. If it is not enough for you, then the external memory slot allows you to expand your storage up to 256 GB.

For the connectivity, it comes with 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11, Bluetooth, b/g/n, Mobile Hotspot, microUSB 2.0, GPS with A-GPS etc.

Realme 3 Pro: Price, Specifications, Features Leaked, Budget Mid-range Phone?

Realme 3 Pro: Price, Specifications, Features Leaked, Budget Mid-range Phone?

Price and launch date

The price in India is rumoured to be about approximately between ₹ 14,999 to ₹ 18,999. And the release date is not confirm, but the estimate is between Jan 2019 and March 2019.

Verdict

The Realme 3 Pro is a mid-range device that comes with a powerful configuration that shows no sign of a glitch. The display is excellent which will allow the user to watch movies and play games with a natural colour reproduction. For the camera performance, the device has maintained its position. Overall, the backup is also very reliable which makes it a perfect handset at its range. Overall, it is expected to PERFORM LIKE A PRO!

Related:

 

Continue Reading

Facts

Facebook tells about how it ‘reviews the content’ after New York Times’s claims of it having ‘errors and biases’

Published

on

Facebook tells about how it ‘reviews the content’ after New York Times’s claims of it having ‘errors and biases’

After the claims made by New York Times in its report about Facebook that some of its rulebooks have ‘numerous gaps, biases and outright errors’, the social networking giant has come forward in its defense through a blog post, by clarifying that its methods and policies for reviewing and moderating content on the site are not ‘secret’, and are ‘carefully considered’.

NYT has claimed to have accessed around 1,400 pages from the rulebook used by the moderators for monitoring posts on the social networking platform and tackling issues of extremism, hate, etc in different countries. But as per the article published by NYT, there are highly complex issues, distilled into simple yes-or-no rules, eventually resulting in errors, while moderating the content properly.

The article also cites examples, like the one from India, where moderators were told to take down the comments which were critical of religion in the country. Another one is of Myanmar where a famous extremist group was allowed to stay on the platform for months due to some error in paperwork. And this error was admitted by Facebook.

The NYT article read:

“The Facebook employees who meet to set the guidelines, mostly young engineers and lawyers, try to distill highly complex issues into simple yes-or-no rules.”

“Those moderators, at times relying on Google Translate, have mere seconds to recall countless rules and apply them to the hundreds of posts that dash across their screens each day,” it further added.

The article says that the rules for what the 2 billion users should be allowed to say on the platform are discussed ‘over breakfast’, every Tuesday morning, and are then circulated to over 7,500 moderators globally.

In response to this, Facebook, in its blog post, said that its gathering ‘over the breakfast’ is, in fact, a global forum, being attended by experts from across the globe, having deep knowledge of relevant laws, online safety, counter-terrorism, operations, public policy, communications, product, and diversity. It also said that the meeting also includes human rights experts.

Facebook also told that it has around 15,000 content reviewers around the world, and they are supplied with training and supporting resources, rather than being relied upon Google Translate. According to the social networking giant, it reviews the content in more than 50 languages.
Source: New York Times

Continue Reading

Featured

Lok Sabha Passes Triple Talaq Bill While The Opposition Stages Walkout

Published

on

Lok Sabha Passes Triple Talaq Bill While The Opposition Stages Walkout

NEW DELHI: The bill for criminalizing instant ‘Triple Talaq’ was passed on Thursday, December 27, 2018, by the Lok Sabha. While passing it, the central government also rejected the contention that it was intended to target any specific community.

But surprisingly, the opposition, which was previously favouring the bill to be passed, staged a walkout which involved Congress, AIADMK, and RJD. The opposition made a walkout as the government rejected its demand to refer the bill to a joint select committee.

The Muslim Women (Protection of Rights on Marriage) Bill 2018 had been passed by the Lower House. 245 were in favour while 11 opposed the legislation.

The passed bill will now go to the Rajya Sabha for the final approval. It will supersede the previous bill passed in the Lok Sabha and pending in the Rajya Sabha.

The now passed bill was introduced in the Lok Sabha on December 17, to make the practice of triple talaq among Muslims a penal offense, and also to replace an ordinance issued previously in September.

After the bill was passed, law minister Ravi Shankar Prasad said that there should be no politics on the bill, and also that it wasn’t targeting any particular community.

He urged the lawmakers of various parties to speak in one voice to support the legislation. “Don’t weigh the bill on the scales of politics. The bill is about humanity and justice.”

He also regretted that obstructions were being created by the opposition parties, because of the ‘vote bank politics’.

Under the proposed law (after the bill will be approved in Rajya Sabha), giving instant triple talaq will be termed as illegal and void. And it will directly mean a jail term of three years for the husband.

Law Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad also said that the bill has made the offense compoundable, implying that the case can be withdrawn if the man and his estranged wife reach a compromise and that only the wife and her close relatives can file an FIR, thus ruling out the law’s misuse.

He also mentioned that as many as 477 cases of triple talaq have been reported since January 2017, and also highlighted a case where a man gave talaq to his wife on Whatsapp.

Read More: The Grandeur of BJP Ft. Sambit Patra: The Man Who Knows Everything!

Continue Reading

angry

Actor Ashutosh Rana backs Naseeruddin Shah

Published

on

Actor Ashutosh Rana backs Naseeruddin Shah

Despite being criticized for expressing his grief over the present national scenario, showing his concern for his children regarding the situations of mob violence, veteran actor Naseeruddin Shah is also getting support now in the voice of another actor Ashutosh Rana, who’s backing him, for what he said.

Last week, in an interview, Shah had said that there were places in the country where the death of a cow is given more importance than that of a policeman. “There is complete impunity for those who take law into their own hands,” he told. He directly referred to the killing of Inspector Subodh Kumar Singh who was mobbed, in UP’s Bulandshahr, by violent people and killed eventually, over the killing of cows.

He also added that he feels anxious for his children because tomorrow if a mob surrounds them and asks, ‘Are you a Hindu or a Muslim?’ they will have no answer. And it worries him that he doesn’t see the situation improving anytime soon.

Coming forward in support of his words, actor Ashutosh Rana said, “Everyone should have a right to share their thoughts with their friends or other people without any fear. If our brothers or friends say something, we should not just listen to them but also think about it.”

Continuing further, he also said that, “If someone is speaking his mind and there is a debate, will it improve the country’s economic situation.”

Following his words and his thoughts in the interview, actor Naseeruddin Shah’s addressing at Ajmer was also cancelled on Friday evening, after the protests by the right-wing groups, including Bharatiya Janata Yuva Morcha.

The actor was immediately targeted by the right-wing groups who even asked him to leave the country. The Navnirman Sena, in fact, booked him a one-way ticket to Pakistan.

After the killing of Inspector Subodh Kumar Singh in the Bulandshahr mob violence, on December 3, the UP Police administration is being constantly criticized and slammed for taking no relevant action; in fact, the culprits also have not been arrested yet.

Read More:

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Advertisement

Trending