Connect with us

News

Millennial men are ditching traditional ‘masculine’ values of physical strength and competitiveness: They care more about good health and altruism, study finds

Published

on

Millennial men are ditching traditional masculine value, study finds

A brand-new research study has actually discovered that millennial males are dropping conventional manly worths for even more womanly ones.

The research study, lead by the College of British Columbia, discovered that more youthful males in Western cultures valued altruism, social interaction, as well as health and wellness over conventional male worths such as physical stamina as well as freedom.

Studyfinds.org records: Certainly, figure as well as freedom were still noticeable worths for the 630 Canadian males aged 15 to 29 that participated in the study, simply not as essential to individuals as altruism.

As a matter of fact, altruism was without a doubt the premier male worth. 9 in 10 participants claimed that males need to need to aid others, as well as 88 percent of the participants concurred that males need to be open to originalities, brand-new individuals, as well as brand-new experiences. 8 in 10 felt it crucial that a guy returns to his neighborhood.

” Youthful Canadian males appear to be holding manly worths that are clearly various from those of previous generations. These worths might run counter to enduring insurance claims that boys are generally decadent, hypercompetitive, which they run the risk of or overlook their health and wellness,” keeps in mind lead writer John Oliffe, nursing teacher as well as head of the males’s health and wellness program at UBC, in an information launch.

Keeping great health and wellness was additionally essential to the huge bulk of males, however that really did not imply having actually sculpted abdominals as well as twenty-four inch arms, or “pythons,” as Hunk Hogan would certainly commonly claim. Three-quarters of individuals did really feel that physical stamina was essential, however that searching for was still especially much less than the 87 percent that concurred a guy ought to personify intellectual stamina or the 83 percent that watched psychological stamina as extremely essential. Likewise, just 78 percent of males provided freedom as a specifying “male” attribute.

” As a millennial myself, I can see these worths mirrored in the lives of males around me,” states research study co-author Nick Black, handling companion at Intensions Consulting, a research study company that assisted execute the study. “They intend to be both caring as well as solid, both open up to others as well as self-dependent, as well as they see no opposition in these worths.”

The scientists think millennial males are broadening their worth framework as well as doubting what it really suggests to be manly.

The research study was released April 16, 2018 in the journal Psychology of Guy as well as Maleness.

Mahesh is leading digital marketing initiatives at RecentlyHeard, a NewsFeed platform that covers news from all sectors. He develops, manages, and executes digital strategies to increase online visibility, better reach target audiences, and create engaging experience across channels. With 7+ years of experience, He is skilled in search engine optimization, content marketing, social media marketing, and advertising, and analytics.

Advertisement
Click to comment

News

Pesticide protest at Delmar CVS on Sunday

Published

on

Pesticide protest at Delmar CVS on Sunday

DELMAR, N.Y. (NEWS10) — Bethlehem residents concerned about pesticides will be protesting the CVS store in Delmar on September 26 starting at 9 a.m. The organizer of the event, Joe Murphy, says protesters will bring signs and informational flyers to attract public notice concerning pesticide use by CVS.

Murphy said he contacted CVS and other businesses earlier this summer and offered them information about natural alternatives to pesticides. He says CVS continues to use pesticides on their lawn.

“Some of the other businesses we contacted were grateful for the prompt and decided to stop using pesticides. It’s unfortunate that CVS insists on continuing this toxic practice,” said Murphy.

The picketing is part of a new Pest Protest anti-pesticide action plan. Murphy says the protests will continue and grow until CVS agrees to stop using pesticides in the community.

“Picketing, social media, news coverage, you name it. We are confident that once the public understands what this business is doing, they will tell them to stop, ” said Murphy.

More from NEWS10

  • Rochester police release video timeline of events leading to Daniel Prude encounter
  • GOP review finds no proof Arizona election was stolen from Trump
  • 12-year-old charged for bomb threat aimed at Hackett Middle School
  • Rensselaer County sheriff responds to complaint filed against jail, ICE
  • Government shutdown looms amid federal budget feud

Follow NEWS10

Sign-up for our Newsletter

Continue Reading

News

Annual memorial mass for deceased members of the law enforcement

Published

on

Annual memorial mass for deceased members of the law enforcement

ALBANY, N.Y. (NEWS10) – On Tuesday, September 28, at 10:30 a.m., the 34th Annual Memorial Mass for deceased community members of the law enforcement, will be held at the Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception, on Eagle Street.

Bishop Edward Scharfenberger will preside the mass to remember those who have died in law enforcement and to commemorate the 20th anniversary of 9/11.

Law enforcement from New York City, Long Island, the Capital Region, and from across New York State will be present, along with local dignitaries.

For more information, contact Mary Poust at (518) 331-0850 or visit the Roman Catholic Diocese of Albany webpage.

More from NEWS10

  • Rochester police release video timeline of events leading to Daniel Prude encounter
  • GOP review finds no proof Arizona election was stolen from Trump
  • 12-year-old charged for bomb threat aimed at Hackett Middle School
  • Rensselaer County sheriff responds to complaint filed against jail, ICE
  • Government shutdown looms amid federal budget feud

Follow NEWS10

Sign-up for our Newsletter

Continue Reading

News

Colorado high school football: How CHSAANow Top 10 teams fared in Week 5

Published

on

Colorado high school football: How CHSAANow Top 10 teams fared in Week 5

Class 5A

1. Valor Christian (4-0) vs. No. 3 Columbine, 7 p.m. Friday. Next week: vs. Mountain Vista, 7 p.m. Oct. 1

2. Cherry Creek (3-1) at No. 5 Regis Jesuit, 6:30 p.m. Friday. Next week: at No. 8 Cherokee Trail, 7 p.m. Oct. 1

3. Columbine (4-0) at No. 1 Valor Christian, 7 p.m. Friday. Next week: at Arvada West, 7 p.m. Oct. 1

4. Ralston Valley (4-0) at Doherty, 11 a.m. Saturday. Next week: at Mullen, 7 p.m. Oct. 1

5. Regis Jesuit (3-1) vs. No. 2 Cherry Creek, 6:30 p.m. Friday. Next week: vs. Chaparral, 7 p.m. Oct. 1

6. Grandview (3-1) vs. Horizon, 7 p.m. Friday. Next week: vs. Smoky Hill, 7 p.m. Sept. 30

7. Legend (3-1) at Westminster, 7 p.m. Friday. Next week: vs. 4A No. 2 Pine Creek, 7 p.m. Oct. 1

8. Cherokee Trail (3-1) at Denver East, 11 a.m. Saturday. Next week: vs. No. 2 Cherry Creek, 7 p.m. Oct. 1

9. Douglas County (5-0) won vs. Boulder, 34-7. The Huskies defense returned a fumble for a touchdown, Reed McConnell and A.J. Jackson each had interceptions, and Douglas County won its fifth in a row for the first time since 2008. Next week: vs. Doherty, 1 p.m. Oct. 2

10. Arapahoe (3-1) at Rock Canyon, 7 p.m. Friday. Next week: vs. Eaglecrest, 7 p.m. Sept. 30

Class 4A

1. Palmer Ridge (4-0) at Lakewood, 7 pm. Friday. Next week: vs. No. 5 Montrose, 6 p.m. Oct. 1

2. Pine Creek (4-0) vs. No. 4 Chatfield, 7 p.m. Friday. Next week: at 5A No. 7 Legend, 7 p.m. Oct. 1

3. Dakota Ridge (4-0) at Brighton, 7 p.m. Friday. Next week: vs. Bear Creek, 7 p.m. Oct. 1

4. Chatfield (4-0) at No. 2 Pine Creek, 7 p.m. Friday. Next week: vs. Wheat Ridge, 6 p.m. Sept. 30

5. Montrose (4-0) vs. Grand Junction, 7 p.m. Friday. Next week: at No. 1 Palmer Ridge, 6 p.m. Oct. 1

6. Loveland (3-1) at Broomfield, 7 p.m. Friday. Next week: vs. Monarch, 6:30 p.m. Sept. 30

Continue Reading

News

Massachusetts COVID Daily Report: 23 new deaths, 1,885 new cases

Published

on

Massachusetts COVID Daily Report: 23 new deaths, 1,885 new cases

BOSTON (WWLP) — State public health officials reported 23 new confirmed deaths and 1,885 new confirmed COVID-19 cases in Massachusetts.

Total COVID cases by age

  • 0-4 years: 1,224
  • 5-9 years: 1,753
  • 10-14 years: 1,632
  • 15-19 years: 1,932
  • 20-29 years: 4,999
  • 30-39 years: 3,616
  • 40-49 years: 2,560
  • 50-59 years: 2,347
  • 60-69 years: 1,665
  • 70-79 years: 963
  • 80+ years: 521

Testing

According to the Department of Public Health, 109,695 new tests were performed with an overall of 28,055,548 molecular tests administered. Antigen Tests: A total of 10,656 new individuals have tested positive with 1,941,886 total tests reported.

The 7-day average of percent positivity is 2.11%

Hospitalizations

There are 606 patients are currently hospitalized with COVID-19 with 165 patients that are in intensive care units and 96 patients intubated. There are 209 patients of the 606 patients that are reportedly fully vaccinated.

Confirmed COVID cases

  • New Cases: 1,885
  • Total Cases: 747,656
  • New Deaths: 23
  • Total Deaths: 18,141

Probable COVID cases

  • New Cases: 119
  • Total Cases: 53,253
  • New Deaths: 0
  • Total Deaths: 386

Berkshire County

  • New Confirmed Cases: 34
  • Total Confirmed Cases: 7,971
  • New Deaths: 0
  • Total Confirmed and Probable Deaths: 312

Hampden County

  • New Confirmed Cases: 190
  • Total Confirmed Cases: 61,541
  • New Deaths: 5
  • Total Confirmed and Probable Deaths: 1,606

Hampshire County

  • New Confirmed Cases: 49
  • Total Confirmed Cases: 10,991
  • New Deaths: 0
  • Total Confirmed and Probable Deaths: 313

Franklin County

  • New Confirmed Cases: 14
  • Total Confirmed Cases: 3,150
  • New Deaths: 1
  • Total Confirmed and Probable Deaths: 11

Higher education

There are 2,231 new cases in the last week with a total of 22,528 confirmed COVID-19 cases in higher education institutions. In the last week there were 583,922 new tests reported with a total of 9,651,458.

MassDPH COVID-19 Dashboard

More from NEWS10

  • Rochester police release video timeline of events leading to Daniel Prude encounter
  • GOP review finds no proof Arizona election was stolen from Trump
  • 12-year-old charged for bomb threat aimed at Hackett Middle School
  • Rensselaer County sheriff responds to complaint filed against jail, ICE
  • Government shutdown looms amid federal budget feud

Follow NEWS10

Sign-up for our Newsletter

Continue Reading

News

Machete attack in NJ Walmart: Man slashed in head, police say

Published

on

Machete attack in NJ Walmart: Man slashed in head, police say

KEARNY, N.J. – A man was attacked with a machete in a New Jersey Walmart during an argument with another shopper Friday morning, according to authorities.

Officers responded around 10:30 a.m. to a 911 call for the attack at the Kearny store, on Harrison Avenue, local police said.

Responding officers found the man inside the store with a deep wound to the back of his head, police said.

Preliminary information indicated the victim was involved in a verbal argument with another man who then struck him in the head with a machete, according to authorities.

Cops said the alleged attacker fled the store before police arrived on the scene.

The victim was rushed by EMS to a local hospital. His condition was not immediately known.

According to one Walmart employee, who did not wish to be identified, managers told workers to leave the store and wait in the parking lot.

Employees remained in the store parking lot over two hours later Friday afternoon as detectives and officers continued their investigation inside.

Markell Wilson of Newark, who came for a quick grocery run, was stunned by the news of the apparent machete attack.

“Oh my God! A machete!?” he told PIX11 News. “Never heard of anything like that happening in my life, it’s actually very scary.”

No arrests had been made as of 12:45 p.m., however police do not believe there is a threat to the community at large.

Continue Reading

News

Mechanicville man charged with multiple drug, firearm offenses

Published

on

Mechanicville man charged with multiple drug, firearm offenses

PHOENIX (AP) — A Republican-backed review of the 2020 presidential election in Arizona’s largest county ended Friday without producing proof to support former President Donald Trump’s false claims of a stolen election.

After six months of searching for evidence of fraud, the firm hired by Republican lawmakers issued a report that experts described as riddled with errors, bias and flawed methodology. Still, even that partisan review came up with a vote tally that would not have altered the outcome, finding that Biden won by 360 more votes than the official results certified last year.

Continue Reading

News

Glenville announcing public safety agreement with police, schools

Published

on

Glenville announcing public safety agreement with police, schools

PHOENIX (AP) — A Republican-backed review of the 2020 presidential election in Arizona’s largest county ended Friday without producing proof to support former President Donald Trump’s false claims of a stolen election.

After six months of searching for evidence of fraud, the firm hired by Republican lawmakers issued a report that experts described as riddled with errors, bias and flawed methodology. Still, even that partisan review came up with a vote tally that would not have altered the outcome, finding that Biden won by 360 more votes than the official results certified last year.

Continue Reading

News

‘The View’ hosts test COVID-positive minutes before Harris interview

Published

on

‘The View’ hosts test COVID-positive minutes before Harris interview

Ana Navarro and Sunny Hostin were instructed to leave the set by an off-camera crew member during Friday’s show. (Getty)

NEW YORK (KRON) — Two hosts of “The View” discovered they tested positive for COVID just minutes before Vice President Kamala Harris was set to come out for a live interview. The incident unfolded in front of the cameras during Friday morning’s live show.

During the broadcast, co-hosts Sunny Hostin and Ana Navarro were instructed to leave the set by an off-camera crew member. “We’re going to bring you back later,” the crew member says, indicating that “more information” would be provided to the audience soon.

Co-host Joy Behar then asks if she should introduce Harris, but is instructed not to do so.

After a break, Behar and Sara Haines were seated in the center of the desk, where Behar explained that Hostin and Navarro had tested positive for COVID. “No matter how hard we try, these things happen,” Behar explained. “They probably have a breakthrough case and they’ll probably be OK because they’re both vaccinated up the wazoo.”

Harris’ interview was set to be her first live, in-studio appearance since she became VP, according to a promo tweeted by “The View.” The vice president instead conducted her interview from a separate location in the building, while Behar and Haines remained on the set.

“I hope that you’re in a safe spot right now,” Behar told Harris during the interview, which was conducted remotely. “We did everything we could to make sure you were safe because we value you so much.”

Harris thanked the producers, but said the incident speaks to the effectiveness of vaccination. “Sunny and Ana are strong women and I know they’re fine, but it really also does speak to the fact that they’re vaccinated and vaccines really make all the difference. Because otherwise, we would be concerned about hospitalization and worse.”

Continue Reading

News

Troy man found guilty of beating and robbing local business owners

Published

on

Troy man found guilty of beating and robbing local business owners

TROY, N.Y. (NEWS10) – On Thursday, after a week-long trial by jury found Mark Scott, 57, of Troy guilty of preying upon a business owner for protection money.

On September 10, Scott approached a Lansingburgh business owner and insisted he be paid $150 per week to protect the owners business, Police said, which the owner refused

Scott returned on September 11 and demanded payment, when the store owner again refused Police said
he then robbed the store and beat the owner and his wife.

Scott was found guilty, charged with:

  • Second-Degree Robbery ( Class C Felony)
  • Two-Counts of Third-Degree Assualt ( Class A Misdemeanour)

“This was a senseless act of violence,” District Attorney Mary Donnelly said. “We have no tolerance for those that prey upon the hard-working individuals in our community.

Scott faces a minimum of 5 and 15 years when he is sentenced on November 4.

More from NEWS10

  • GOP review finds no proof Arizona election was stolen from Trump
  • 12-year-old charged for bomb threat aimed at Hackett Middle School
  • Rensselaer County sheriff responds to complaint filed against jail, ICE
  • Government shutdown looms amid federal budget feud
  • No school bus? No problem. Colorado boy kayaks to school

Follow NEWS10

Sign-up for our Newsletter

Continue Reading

News

Be patient when ordering Colorado’s free at-home COVID tests, state health department says

Published

on

Be patient when ordering Colorado’s free at-home COVID tests, state health department says

Because of high demand, Coloradans who order free at-home COVID-19 testing kits through the state might have to wait up to two weeks for confirmation they’re in the program, the state health department said Friday.

On Tuesday, Gov. Jared Polis announced the state will give away 2 million at-home testing kits to any residents who sign up. The rapid tests are designed for regular screening, not as a substitute for lab-based testing if you have symptoms.

Some people who tried to order the tests have taken to social media to complain about delays. A spokeswoman for the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment confirmed it can take anywhere from seven to 14 days for people to receive a confirmation email after signing up. The confirmation email includes a link to order the kits, and attempting to order without it will produce an “error” message, she said.

Continue Reading

Trending