Bollywood actress Dia Mirza has criticized PM Narendra Modi and actor Akshay Kumar over a Bollywood meeting, in which there were ‘no women’ included.
On Tuesday, December 18, the Prime Minister had a meeting with Bollywood actors and producers at Raj Bhawan in Mumbai. And in that meeting, the issues regarding the film industry were discussed.
But the meeting didn’t go down well with the public as the PM and actor Akshay Kumar were slammed for not inviting a single woman, whether it be an actress, director or producer, in the meeting.
But lately, the wrath got even bigger when actress Dia Mirza also took to Twitter, sharing her dissatisfaction towards the meeting and the PM.
Read More: Wonder Woman Becomes The Most Popular SuperHero among Australian kids
Quoting actor Akshay Kumar’s tweet, she wrote, “This is wonderful! Is there a reason why there were no women in this room? @akshaykumar (sic).”
You can see the post below.
As per the reports of PTI, the people present in the meeting included director/producer Karan Johar, Ritesh Sidhwani, Rakesh Roshan, Ronnie Screwwala, CBFC chairman Prasoon Joshi, Siddharth Roy Kapoor (the president of Film Producers Guild), and also actors Akshay Kumar and Ajay Devgan. There were all men there.
PM Narendra Modi tweeted after the meeting and wrote that he had an ‘extensive and fruitful interaction’ with a delegation from the film and entertainment industry.
He also wrote that the delegation spoke about the strides being made by the film and entertainment industry, and gave valuable inputs relating to GST for their sector.
Twitter was full of hate towards PM Modi with people asking him why there was no woman invited for this important meeting.
PM was also criticized because of the fact that he has made ‘woman power’ a slogan for the country’s development also. But having no woman representative at all, and that too in a Bollywood meeting was seen as a big discrimination by the public on social media.
- Top 10 Recently Released Hollywood Movies 2018 you should watch
- WATCH: Brightburn Trailer released by Sony Pictures
- Jamie Dimon: Business Leaders Skipping Saudi Conference
- Rajinikanth-Akshay Kumar’s 2.0 earns record breaking Rs.120 crore in its advance booking only!
- Maharashtra: Farmer earns Rs.6 on selling 2,657 kg of onions; sends it to CM through money order
- Man caught masturbating next to woman journalist no passenger helped her
- AAP MLA Somnath Bharti booked for abusing woman journalist on TV show