Liver disease is a very common reason for demise after stroke, chest infections, heart disease, and cancer. Liver transfer contains replacement of the patient’s unhealthy liver by a new liver is taken either from a living donor or from a brain dead patients having heartbeats.
The liver is a distinctive organ in the human body and has a special ability of redevelopment. It is seen that 70 percent of the liver is possible to remove safely without any annoying concerns because of the capacity of redevelopment.
Patients of liver transfer must get life- long immune suppressive medicine these are medicines to avoid rejection of liver. An organ donor is generally discharged within 10 days and the patient within two to three week.
The organ donors resume their regular activity within three to four weeks and carry on with their jobs within six weeks whereas the patients within four to six months. No special safety measures are necessary for donors after about four to six weeks and are able to lead a normal life subsequently.
A liver transplant is an operating process to take away an unhealthy liver and replace it with a healthy liver from a giver. Best Liver Transplantation in India uses livers from dead donors, though a liver is also taken from a living donor.
The number of people looking for new livers is much higher than the number of accessible livers, so the liver transfer is held in reserve for people who are unfavorably ill. Some people receive a liver transplant in a short span of time whereas others spend months waiting for a liver transfer.
Liver dysfunction has many reasons, counting:
- Liver cirrhosis
- Intoxicating or alcoholic liver disease
- Nonalcoholic fatty liver illness
- Primary biliary cirrhosis
- Wilson’s disease
- Biliary duct atresia
- Cystic fibrosis
- Early phase liver cancer
Remember important points opting for liver transplantation
Before receiving a liver in India, foreign patients have to fulfill the following processes:
- The patient is not allowed to choose a donor from India. In its place, he or she has to get an allied donor from his or her specific country.
- If the donor is one of the patient’s close blood relatives, the authorization procedure for transplantation turns out to be faster shunning several medical difficulties accurately.
- The patient and donor are essential to have a similar blood group.
Read More: Top Six Ways to Stay Motivated In Life
Cost for the treatment of liver transplantation
In India, the liver transplantation starts from USD 28,500 that is nearly 17 lakhs. Even though the average cost of liver transplant in India differs on which hospital and chief transplant doctor you select, it is more or less very reasonably priced when matched to several first-world countries.
This cost normally consists of the following major expenditures:
- Anesthesia for surgery
- Laboratory assessments
- An expert fee of the doctor
- Hospital expenditures counting the fee of the supportive staff
- Expenditures incurred at the time of recovery.
- Costs of medicines and medical consumables
- Rehabilitation expenses and physical therapy expenses
In other countries, all these exclusive expenses gather to make the total liver transplant budget much more costly. On the other hand, in India, medical visitors save big on their budgets while receiving world-class treatments from exceedingly skilled and capable doctors and surgeons.