Planning to get into the beauty business?
So, are you writing a marketing plan for your salon?
Top leaders say “If you don’t know where you’re going, any road will take you there”. It is clear from the quote that if you have not outlined the strategies, then how you can you examine where are you and where you have to be in the future?
Either you are a newbie or is enduring a salon, it is mandated to analyze your business. So that you check where to put the time, effort and money. Building marketing strategies should be one of your top priorities. By sorting the actions effectively, you can focus on delivering the services critically.
Undoubtedly, to stand out among others, it is required to be whiz for managing marketing adequately. And, highly competitive salon business needs a healthy and fruitful marketing plan.
Making a salon marketing plan to grow and support your salon business is not rocket science. But on the other side, it is also essential that you need a good marketing plan to take the business to the heights where you have dreamt of. Also, to pay a fair wage to yourself as you deserve it. Right??
Depending upon the size of your business (Small or large), the plans vary. So, here we are to give you the best strategies for your salon business to groove you in marketing in no time. Let’s get started!!
Marketing plans that you cannot afford to ignore for your salon business
Evaluate and audit your business
Before making any plans, it would be better if you will evaluate what went wrong with last year and the strategies. From here, you can get an idea about the gaps that you need to focus on. Questions such as:
- Have you met the desired financial goals last year?
- Did your business has generates the business that you can pay yourself a proper salary
- Did new clients have given you some benefits, or still, you are relying on the existing ones?
- What was the last time you have increased your services price?
- Calculate the percentage of the customers that are coming back to you regularly?
- Which are your best services?
- Is your customer care is better than your competitors?
- Are you considering clients’ feedback and complaints seriously?
Above are some of the critical gaps that have a valid role to play in the salon or spa business.
Define the business goals
A sounding marketing strategy can give your business immense benefits if you are following the fundamental objectives and goals. So, if you want to make people aware of your salon, then defining the right business goals is compulsory. With the goals and objectives, you can have more idea of what you are required to build a marketing strategy, make a plan of action, and describe how to measure the outcomes. Follow the Specific, Measurable, attainable, realistic and time-bound (SMART) specifications to do the needful.
Strengths, Weakness, Opportunities and Threats (SWOT) is a way of finding and solving the challenges you are currently facing. This factor highlights the
Measures you are following in the right direction and accordingly, you can work more on them. To build a salon SWOT analysis, you need to look after the below points:
Strengths and weakness
- What’s the current position of your salons?
- What internal factors you can control?
- Do you own a good team?
- Are you falling out of fashion?
- Are you aware of the latest technologies?
- Are the latest trends causing problems?
- Are you losing your confidence with the convenience of mobile services?
- Is any salon nearby taking the lead and is undercutting your prices?
- Are you taking advantages of current trends?
- Are you using any salon software for your staff and customer convenience?
Focus on brand consistency
Do not forget that maintaining your salon business is as important as keeping it offline. Because of the constant, transparent and seamless services that online systems offer. Everyone should know about the core values of your business.
You should maintain your salon consistency with each marketing channel. It means that if the esteemed customers check your salon website and your facebook page, then it is essential that both should look the same.
It is vital that your website should be updated and well-designed. Currently, every website is being built by keeping mobile responsiveness in mind. So, if you want to be found by new customers than make your salon website responsive, otherwise you will lose your potential customers.
A marketing plan is another term for your brand approach for different business elements. Keep the below factors in your list:
- Your effective branding strategy to distinguish you from the rivals
- Are you considering additional salon services to your offers?
- Do you provision regular discounts? Are your prices and services high end?
- What promotional strategy you are following?
Budget and resources
Keep your aim for 6% to 10% of your business, depending on the budget. Or how quickly you want to boost your business and the current level of your business life cycle. You should consider marketing as an investment not as an expense that you can minimize it as much as you want. And only those who are successful in this market which takes this factor seriously.
Most importantly, you need to stay focused! If you want to be bigger and more colourful picture, than you should put your marketing plans efficiently. Successful marketing will bring you brand visibility and also adds new customers to your salon. Expand your reach and grow your bottom lines with the effective plans mentioned above.
We hope you liked this article. Let us know if you have some queries and suggestions in the comment section below. Your one comment will be highly appreciable. Happy reading!!