In the current techno-commercial age we require high accuracy and production rate at minimal costs. Technologies are continuously innovated in order to meet their current needs. But at times it can come across a big problem to implement those on job sites. Until and unless the new technologies are added to infrastructure for processing or simulated, the cost to value remains unclear. However, the robotic total station perfectly meets this requirement as implementing this technology is a straightforward process. Robotic total station (RTS) requires no hassle to install and offers several benefits including
- Enhanced productivity
- More precise measurements
- Fewer errors
- Improved quality assurance
- Optimized processing
By implementing a robotic total station with an industrial process, the operators can easily control the entire process remotely. The concept behind RTS is very simple as it only requires one to operate for controlling the entire process. It optimizes the time taken for performing complex calculations and also makes sure that inspecting the plant is not a time-consuming process. By implementing RTS to the plant it offers substantial benefits to the whole process.
- Field Productivity
- The installation of RTS is much simpler and reduces the complexity of determining individual equipment in the plant. This ensures faster and more accurate layouts. Furthermore, as all the end-points are defined to each equipment, it offers faster and more accurate quality checks.
- Better quality
- Since implementing RTS optimizes the whole process, it also enhances the accuracy of the process as a whole. Since its main objective is to simplify the whole plant mechanism and operability, it increases the number of inspection points. This ensures reduces errors resulting in a reduced number of reworks.
- Efficient field to office communication
- RTS implementation increases the end-to-end communication between the operator and the appliances and equipment. This enhanced communication increases the accuracy and precision of the process. Furthermore, it also offers real-time data of the whole process, so that the operator can manipulate the process as and when necessary.global robotic total
- Improved handover
- Implementation of RTS simplifies the entire process, where all the end-points are immaculately defined. This helps when the whole project is to be handed over as all the built-in data is readily available. This boosts the process completion and takes ensures refined products.
These key benefits can be easily compared with the process with and without the implementation of RTS. Without the implementation of total station, the process requires at the very least, two people to measure the 200 points every day. However, by implementation of just total station, those two workers could easily measure 400 points all over the process efficiently every day. On the other hand, the full implementation of robotic total station, only one person can effectively measure 600 points per day, improving the productivity gain by 600%. This exponential rise in productivity significantly enables the teams to check more points and yields better quality work with minimal or no labor.
Considering the implementation of RTS in terms of monetary gains, the whole process becomes cost-effective. There are several features that need to be considered before implementing a robotic total station to any process.
If the project is related to infrastructure, the range required is generally longer. However, in the case of construction projects, the range required is comparatively shorter. It is essential to estimate the distance a particular project requires to be validated with accuracy.
In projects that include detailed applications, it requires a higher level of precision. The accuracy of the RTS needs to be considered from average and minimal acceptable variable as the whole project solely is dependent of the specifications of the applications.
- Sensor stability
It is essentially required to estimate the ability to maintain the lock over a reduced interruption to increase efficiency and productivity.
- Time to acquisition
Increased time to processing directly improves the overall productivity.
- Battery life
RTS features longer battery life which helps in dropping interruptions to the process. Accessorizing several batteries is a costly way of running the process and this directly hampers the productivity.
- Ease of setup and compatibility with design software
Compatibility plays a vital role in any process. It is important to ensure that the RTS is compatible with the already installed software system.
A robotic total station is a perfect integration of electronic theodolite and electronic distance meter. It offers several functionalities including distance measurement, data processing, angle measurement, and coordinate measurement. Since it offers so many beneficiary attributes, several enterprises and companies have started investing in the market of the robotic total station. Several corporations have increased their focus on developing innovative technologies that would support this market. After doing exhaustive research, Allied Market Research has estimated that the global robotic total station market would garner $930.6 million in 2026, growing exponentially at a CAGR of 6.4% from 2019 to 2026. As this market has great potential, it will grow significantly over the period of time as new technologies are introduced in this market.