In order to travel to Germany there are different types of visas available and they are applicable depending on what is the purpose of one to travel there. One can go for travel purposes or for business purposes, for studies or to reside there permanently. There are different visas for different purposes.
Since 1995, Germany becomes a part of the Schengen hence Germany visa is called now Germany Schengen visa. Now what are the things that one needs to do when they want to apply for a Germany Schengen visa? Here are the important documents that they need to submit first:
- Firstly, one has to download the application form and then fill the form completely. Then one has to fill the Germany Schengen visa application form as well and get a hard copy of it by printing.
- Attach 2 passport sized photos which has to be recently photographed and there should be the whole face seen clearly along with a proper lighted background.
- One has to submit the passport and the copies of the previous visas and the passport has to be valid for 3 more months before the journey.
- There has to be a travel health insurance confirmation document which needs to have a minimum coverage of 30,000 € which can not only cover Germany but the entire Schengen area as well.
- One needs to submit a cover letter which will explain why one is going to visit Germany for which they are applying for the visa.
- It is a good idea to send a flight itinerary as well with a supposed date of travel to Germany and the date of exit from the country.
- Hotel booking for the entire duration of the stay in the country can also be submitted if one has already done that. But there are least chances that one will do that without getting the visa.
- One has to submit the proof of their financial means to justify their period of stay in the country. There is a minimum balance for that and one has to fulfil those criteria as well.
If one is employed they needs to submit things like employment contract, current bank statement (of at least 6 months), approval for leave from the employer, ITR or income tax return at the source of the salary. If one is self-employed, then they need to attach a copy of their business license, ITR, bank statement of 6 months and salary account proof. When one is a student then they need to show their proof of enrolment and a no objection certificate from the school or college.
Retired people often wish to travel to a different country, and for the visa, they need to submit their pension statement for last 6 months and if they have any regular income, then they need a property proof as well.
If all of the above mentioned things are submitted, there are high chances that one will get their visa on time.