Data is the future of technology in this era of digital revolution, where technology has taken over our lives. Data stands at the core of it all. The inculcation of technologies in our lives has prompted new job avenues for those who cannot get enough of the action. Data Sciences is just the field for those who want to peek behind the curtains and see for themselves how the magic actually works. Data being the soul of all technologies. A career as a data scientist is a very prosperous one with more opportunities and higher compensation. But what makes someone great?
How can one surpass their limits and become the best data scientists, they can probably become?
Think about what you want to achieve
Data science is a steadily growing industry. More and more jobs are created in the industry each year. It has also changed how organizations are looking at the field. With different approaches to the concept and various tools at your disposal. Choosing which path to take can be tricky.
You need to do personally what you will be doing professionally. Any risk is worth taking if you have assessed it. Any field can be progressive if you apply yourself. So take some time to think and plan where you want to go and how you want your career to progress. The decision you make will grow your data scientist career.
Course of action
You have a direction to move into great! But how do you move forward?
Although your academic studies will prepare you for a job in data sciences. It will not help you go very far. You need actual-world training to gain the experience to apply that knowledge. There may be many concepts that you have learned and don’t know how to apply. For that, you will need to train. There are many organizations in the business of data science training. These organizations are generally veteran professionals in the industry. Their experience and mentoring may be the missing piece of success you are looking for.
Choose wisely which training program suits you best. There are a lot of data science training programs which are not very helpful. Assess your options and make an educated decision. Your entire data scientist career hinges on this one decision.
Statistical evaluation and analytical skills
A data scientist should be good at mathematics and statistics. It is a self implied fact. But being good at math and having statistical skills are two different things. To grow as a data scientist, you need to think rationally and quantify everything. This means you must have the ability to understand quantified data and also have the ability to convert data, which is not quantified. Data Scientist has to manage large amounts of information which need to be properly processed. Experience working with machine learning, analytical skills such as regression analysis, categorization, organizing, time series analysis, and clustering are the core requirements.
Recently, Python language has also emerged as the most desired trait in the industry of data sciences.
Curiosity killed the cat
Probably talking about Schrödinger’s cat. One of the most universally used examples in theoretical physics. It is the pillar stone for so many scientific discoveries. Maybe curiosity is not that bad. Questioning everything and seeking answers to unsolved puzzles is a valued quality in a data scientist. It helps them explore new areas of study and go beyond conventional limitations.
It is also the key skills required for becoming a great data scientist because we all know, No one ever become great by doing what others did. You cannot be a sheep in the heard if you want to achieve something great. To become the best, you will have to stand out. So let your curiosity guide to your success.
Learning a new algorithm
The most basic quality of human beings is their ability to learn. Learning is not an objective but a process. When it comes to the field of data sciences being linguistic is a very sort after trait.
The more machine languages you learn the better. The most commonly used languages in data sciences are:
- Python: Often known as one of the easiest machine languages to learn and understand. Python is probably the most widely used language in the data science community. Its easy and dynamic algorithms make it extremely compatible for data sciences.
- SQL: Structured query language, SQL is generally used to create databases and retrieve information from it from time to time. It allows easy access to large amounts of data, all while reducing the turnaround time online. Making it ideal for data Sciences.
- Java: One of the most popular languages used in backend interface development for many multinational companies. An oracle-based program capable of switching between platforms. Java, a foundation language which is a must on your resume to be considered for most jobs in the software architecture and software engineering.
- R: The language for statisticians and analysts. R has may models and analysts which compose their algorithms in it. It is an open-source program which a sizable library of contribution packages.
- TensorFlow: Best suited for its vast data handling capabilities. A second generation language developed by Google. It runs most of the services provided by Google such as search, photos, and cloud speech.
- Scala: Scalable language is perfect for those who work with an insane amount of data. If you want to run data into multiple cluster processors, then Scala is the best open-source language you will find.
- MatLab: Known for its fast, stable and impeccable algorithms. It is a match made in heaven for scientists and mathematization with its extremely capable mathematical abilities such as sign processing, matrix algebra, and image processing.
In the end
Data sciences are the final frontier now. With the increasing involvement of technology in our lives, there is a lot of scope and opportunities to grow as a data scientist. You just need to mix creativity, knowledge and hard work.