Singapore is one of the top studies abroad destinations among Asian students and continues to attract more and more students for a variety of courses offered. The country is home to world-class universities offering quality education at relative costs. Apart from this, there are numerous reasons which make it a favored study abroad destination among international students. When it comes to getting admission in postgraduate degree programmes in Singapore, you must need several points in mind like which institute and course you are considering, what is the eligibility criteria and more. Here is the step by step guide to the application process to postgraduate courses in the island nation:
- Eligibility for the courses: Singapore universities are featured among the top international universities in the world. These universities attract a lot of applications from students from all across the world. The basic education system in Singapore is based on UK education structure which attracts a number of Indian students too. The top universities in Singapore have high cut-off percentage requirements. For PG courses, students are required to have a bachelor’s or equivalent degree. Depending on your chosen course, the university may ask you for the work experience of 2 years or more.
- Searching for the right university: The academic session in Singapore universities starts by the month of August and it is important for the candidates to reach Singapore 2 weeks before the commencement of the session. The candidates should always start searching for the course and particular universities 6 months prior to the closing application date. This time gap will also help candidates to prepare for the exam that is required to clear while making financial and accommodation agreements in Singapore. For searching the right program, candidates must visit the website of the university and may request a brochure in their mail. After thorough searching, shortlist the top institutions and universities to move ahead with the application procedure.
- Application form: After finalizing the university and course, it’s time to download the application form from the official website or can request that to be mailed at your residence. There are a few universities that only accept online forms and priority is given to the candidates who have submitted the applications prior to the closing dates.
- Admission tests: So, it’s time for the entrance exam now. Students seeking admission in Singapore universities are required to clear the entrance examination conducted by the university itself. Students have to clear this examination with good marks. Those seeking admission in MBA or other management courses are required to score well in GMAT.
- Application requirements: After this, students are required to submit the certified copies of mark sheets and certificates of the minimum qualification asked. For students seeking admission in postgraduate degree programs in Singapore in management, it’s mandatory to submit a work experience. Apart from this, there are many other requirements which candidates have to submit as and when asked by the university.
- Follow up: After the submission of all the documents, the university will precede the assessment and they will get in touch with the candidate within a few days. The candidates will get a call from the university for an interview which may be telephonic, on-site or video. If the university is convinced, you will get an acceptance letter to get admission.