Connect with us

News

Dr. Ron Paul hits the nail on the head in an interview with No-Nonsense Coronavirus

Published

on

Dr. Ron Paul hits the nail on the head in an interview with No-Nonsense Coronavirus

Dr. Ron Paul, a former Republican Congressman from Texas and a three-time presidential hopeful, argues that America’s reaction to the coronavirus pandemic is being used to bloat government expenditures and expand political control.

Paul is best known for his liberal views — he was elected President of the Liberty Party in 1988—and mistrust of the Federal Reserve, the central bank of the United States.

But in an interview with the editor of the Wealth Analysis Company, Lior Gantz, posted Friday on YouTube, Paul went a step further, calling new steps to monitor the spread of COVID-19 a “grab bag” for those in government.

Paul, a physician, acknowledged that the coronavirus pandemic was alarming, and he certainly recognized the severity of the situation as his own friend, Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul, was in quarantine after having tested positive for the virus on March 22.

What Ron Paul said he was worried about is that those in government have exaggerated the risk and answer to their own political advantage.

“I think it’s blown out of proportion to the risk,” Paul said to Gantz.

“Some people tend to profit from problems like this, politicians who want more political authority and more influence over politicians who want to get major budgets to get their special agreements signed, because that’s what’s going on now,” Paul said of the coronavirus reaction from federal and state governments. “It’s a pack for grabs. “This is seen as an reason for those who have a special desire to use it. I think that’s unfortunate. “As of Monday, 29 states were put under” stay at home “rules, limiting residents ‘ability to get together, do business or even be out on the streets in an attempt to curtail the spread of coronavirus.

There is no limit in sight of these drastic measures, with President Donald Trump revealing on Sunday that social distancing measures had been extended of 30 April.

As a result of current constraints, jobless claims have risen to five times the previous level as companies are shut down or limited across America in the sense of increased social distancing.

To minimize the impact, Trump signed the Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Protection Act on Friday.

“I just signed the CARES Act, the single greatest economic stimulus package in American history — twice the size of any stimulus bill ever passed,” the president said on Twitter after the bill was signed. “At $2.2 trillion, this bill would provide desperately needed relief to our nation’s families, employees, and industries.” I recently signed the CARES Act, the single greatest economic stimulus package in American history – twice as big as any stimulus bill ever passed. About $2.2 trillion, this bill would offer desperately needed support for our nation’s citizens, workers, and industries. # CARESAct https:/t.co/0WnTNFZPZD—Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) 27 March 2020 Though in some ways this legislation was entirely appropriate to account for the harm immediately done by the government’s pandemic controls, Paul said the economic collapse was a hold-up to current issues.

“I think there’s so much worry about the possible risk of coronavirus, and too little consideration and a real sense of why we’re in a very poor economic situation,” he said.

Paul has long criticized the power of the Federal Reserve and wrote a 2009 treatise called ‘Stop the Fed.’ As recently as August 2019 in his column for the Ron Paul Foundation, Paul cautioned that interest rate cuts and printing money were continuing the errors of the 2008 financial crisis.

In addition to the strong federal spending on the coronavirus relief program, the Federal Reserve reduced interest rates to 0 per cent on 15 March.

“It’s unlikely, it’s not going to fix the issues,” Paul said of budget stimulus and interest rate cuts, “and we’ve got so much borrowing, too much debt, too much inflation, too much coercion, too much drive for zero interest rates, because that’s what they’re doing.

“They fix the problem by investing even more, publishing even more, and bringing interest rates below zero, and they believe that’s going to solve the problem, but it’s not.” Do you agree with Ron Paul?

What Paul said is true — some of these problems were in effect even before the coronavirus appeared in the United States. He also pointed out astutely that this kind of crisis can easily be used to expand the strength and reach of policy.

While he is right to be cynical of government financial actions, the recession is unique in that much of the destruction was triggered by direct orders from federal and state governments. The response, then, must be to balance the government by fixing its own wrongs by not going any further.

Governments are, by their design, vulnerable to stagnation, and the people in charge are, by extension, desirous of greater influence over their constituents. It is also crucial that this crisis will not become an opportunity for all of us to run amok.

The coronavirus is certainly a serious threat, but it is important that the government is not allowed to grow unregulated in power and spending as a result.

Even after the last sanctions have been lifted and the final big epidemic has ended, America will be faced with the international implications. It is of the utmost importance to reconcile both the need to keep America safe and the need to keep America free.

google news

Rajesh is a freelancer with a background in e-commerce marketing. Having spent her career in startups, He specializes in strategizing and executing marketing campaigns.

News

Pearl Harbor survivors gather on 80th anniversary of attack

Published

on

Pearl Harbor survivors gather on 80th anniversary of attack

PEARL HARBOR, Hawaii — A few dozen survivors of Pearl Harbor and other veterans gathered Tuesday at the site of the bombing 80 years ago to remember those killed in the attack by Japan that launched the U.S. into World War II.

The USS Chung-Hoon, a guided missile destroyer, passed in front of the pier with its sailors “manning the rails,” or lining the ship’s edge, to honor the World War II veterans present.

David Russell, a 101-year-old from Albany, Oregon, who survived the attack while on the USS Oklahoma, stood to salute to the destroyer on behalf of the veterans.

Herb Elfring, 99, said he was glad to return to Pearl Harbor considering he almost didn’t live through the aerial assault.

“It was just plain good to get back and be able to participate in the remembrance of the day,” Elfring told reporters over the weekend.

Elfring was in the Army, assigned to the 251st Coast Artillery, part of the California National Guard on Dec. 7, 1941. He recalled Japanese planes flying overhead and bullets strafing his Army base at Camp Malakole, a few miles down the coast from Pearl Harbor.

Elfring, who lives in Jackson, Michigan, said he has returned to Hawaii about 10 times to attend the annual memorial ceremony hosted by the Navy and the National Park Service.

About 30 survivors and about 100 other veterans of the war joined him this year. Veterans stayed home last year due to the coronavirus pandemic and watched a livestream of the event instead. Most attendees this year wore masks.

They observed a moment of silence at 7:55 a.m., the same minute the attack began decades ago.

Navy Secretary Carlos Del Toro recounted in his keynote address how Petty Officer 1st Class Joe George tossed a line to the USS Arizona that six men trapped by fire in the battleship’s control tower used to cross to his ship, the USS Vestal. Five of the six survived. Among them was Donald Stratton of Red Cloud, Nebraska, who died last year. Del Toro said he recently met with Stratton’s family.

“We sometimes talk about our victory in World War II as though it was inevitable. Only a matter of time. But there was nothing inevitable about one sailor’s decision to toss that line,” Del Toro said.

He said it took millions of individual acts of valor and courage at home and overseas to get the nation through the war.

The bombing killed more than 2,300 U.S. troops. Nearly half — or 1,177 — were Marines and sailors serving on the USS Arizona.

David Dilks, 95, traveled to Hawaii from Hatfield, Pennsylvania, with his son-in-law. Dilks enlisted out of high school in 1944, going from playing basketball one day to serving in the Navy the next.

Dilks said his battleship, the USS Massachusetts, bombarded targets like Iwo Jima, Okinawa and the Philippines during the war.

He recalls one day in March 1945 when he and his shipmates were watching the movie “Stage Door Canteen” on the ship’s fantail when a loud noise interrupted the film. They then saw a Japanese kamikaze plane crash into the USS Randolph aircraft carrier next to them.

“We never had a movie up topside after that,” he said.

Sitting at Pearl Harbor on the 80th anniversary of the attack, he said he’s thinking in particular about those that died.

“All of the sailors and soldiers who fought here — you should be proud of them. But more proud of those who didn’t make it,” he said.

Several women who helped the war effort by working in factories have come to Hawaii to participate in the remembrance this year.

Mae Krier, who built B-17s and B-29s at a Boeing plant in Seattle, said it took the world a while to credit women for their work.

“And we fought together as far as I’m concerned. But it took so long to honor what us women did. And so of course, I’ve been fighting hard for that, to get our recognition,” said Krier, who is now 95. “But it was so nice they finally started to honor us.”

This year’s ceremony took place as a strong storm with extremely heavy rains hit Hawaii, flooding roads and downing power lines. The ceremony was conducted under a pier with a metal roof. Skies were overcast but it was not raining during the ceremony.

google news
Continue Reading

News

Denver weather: Will it finally snow this week? Here’s what to expect.

Published

on

Denver weather: Pleasant Saturday, windy Sunday, chance for snow Tuesday

It’s been a long time coming but Denver may finally get its first snow of the season. Although it’s very late and we’ve waited nearly a record number of days in between accumulating snows, the streak could come to an end this week.

The weather this season has been concerning. The overall lack of snow and precipitation, in general, is enough to have sent Denver back into severe drought. While the upcoming storm isn’t going to be a blockbuster, it is at least something and any kind of moisture is very much needed.

Denver as of Tuesday has gone 231 days without seeing measurable snow. The only year with a longer span between measurable snows in Denver was all the way back in 1887 when the city went 235 days without accumulating snow. With the way this forecast may pan out, it’s possible we could get a tenth of an inch of snow Thursday, which would snap the streak at 233 days. It is more likely Denver will receive measurable snow Friday, meaning we will fall one day shy of the all-time record. Regardless of when snow officially happens, it has been a very long time since Denver has seen snow.

The record latest date of the first snow in Denver has come and gone and is almost a distant memory at this point.

Latest first snow dates in Denver

1) 2021 — TBD
2) 1934 — Nov. 21
3) 1931 — Nov. 19
4) 2016 — Nov. 17
5) 1894 — Nov. 16

FORECAST

A cold front associated with this system will push across the region late Thursday night into Friday morning. Above-average temperatures are expected Thursday before the cold front moves in, so we have nice weather expected until then.

google news
Continue Reading

News

Avalanche leads NHL in scoring but ranks 27th in defense. “We got to be better defensively. Doesn’t matter who’s in net”

Published

on

Avalanche leads NHL in scoring but ranks 27th in defense. “We got to be better defensively. Doesn’t matter who’s in net”

NEW YORK — Jared Bednar’s demeanor after Monday’s 7-5 victory at Philadelphia bordered on somber. The Avalanche had just improved to 2-1-1 on its five-game road trip, but its head coach wasn’t too thrilled for the third time in four games.

Sure, the high-scoring Avs can score goals. They lead the NHL at 4.14 goals per game and have reached seven goals a league-high four times. But they rank 27th in goals-allowed (3.45) and they’ve given up more goals (20) than they’ve scored (19) on the trip, which concludes Wednesday against the New York Rangers at Madison Square Garden.

“I know what we’re selling in the locker room,” Bednar said of defensive structure. “I think our team has a real good idea on what we have to do to have success long-term, but it just doesn’t seem like we’re following through on it for 60 minutes.”

The structure appears off, with the Avs allowing far too many opportunities on their send of the ice so far this season. Colorado had a league-low 25.4 shots against average last season. Currently, it is allowing 30.3, tied for ninth.

Goaltending could also be part of the problem, although Bednar didn’t acknowledge that. Throughout the trip, Colorado has used two guys who were pegged to begin the season in the minors (Jonas Johansson and rookie Justus Annunen) while Darcy Kuemper recovers from an upper-body injury and Pavel Francouz completes his minor-league conditioning assignment.

Johansson has a .884 save percentage in eight appearances and Annunen is at .892 in two. Kuemper (.903) isn’t much better and Francouz has yet to play in the NHL this season after suffering a lower-body injury in the preseason.

“We got to be better defensively. Doesn’t matter who’s in net,” Bednar said.

Avs players realize the problem — particularly the two defensemen who spoke at the post-game news conference in Philly.

google news
Continue Reading

Trending