Connect with us

News

Report: Trump wants to launch his own conservative media giant and Fox News

Published

on

Report: Trump wants to launch his own conservative media giant and Fox News

A recent research revives rumours four years ago that Donald Trump might be switching from politics to the media, but introduces a new twist.

This time, Axios writes, his goal is to take over and kill Fox News.

In October 2016, when many assumed that Trump could not beat Democrat Hillary Clinton in the presidential race, the chatter of what was dubbed “Trump TV” spilled openly.

That talk is running again now that Democrat Joe Biden is leading the presidential race and has been proclaimed the winner by several news organisations. Trump’s team has initiated a number of litigation to contest elections in key states.

As Axios tells the tale, Fox’s early call for Trump to lose Arizona when the state was still very much in play was the final straw for the president, who had been deeply disenchanted with Fox’s coverage of his presidency.

Axios cited a source with extensive knowledge of Trump’s plans” as saying, “He’s planning to kill Fox. No doubt about that.”

The source said the president was “going to spend a lot of time slamming Fox.”

Axios remembered past rumours about any sort of “Trump TV” but acknowledged that the introduction of a cable network would be an expensive, laborious undertaking.

Instead the study said the president is proposing a streaming media outlet that will broadcast digitally, which would be cheaper and easier to launch.”

Will you pay for watching the “Trump Cable” subscription service?

How is it going to work? Axios has taken a guess.

“Trump’s digital offering will definitely charge MAGA fans a subscription fee. Many are Fox News fans, hoping to replace the network—and the $5.99-a-month Fox Country subscription service, which has an 85 per cent discussion rate from free trials to paying subscribers—as their top destination,” he added.

Trump has a massive database of allies, as well as a dedicated group that will be the cornerstone of every post-White House campaign.

Here and there the President signaled the Fox had lost his luster in his eyes.

Read More: Republicans Shoot Back When Pelosi and Schumer Make Crazy ‘Mandate’

“Fox has changed a lot,” Trump said in a November 3 telephone interview with “Fox & Friends” on the network. “Somebody said to me, ‘What’s the greatest difference between now and four years ago? ‘And I say,’ Fox said. It’s a lot different.”

“I don’t complain—I just say them,” he said. “This is one of the major changes this season relative to the previous.”

One commentator said in 2016 that Trump could start a subscription service easily, according to NBC.

“If he’s able to start with a small slate, five, ten hours, mainly just him, and the rest can arrive in the next six months, he can get it up in three, four months and just develop from there,” said Alan Wolk, an industry analyst.

Adding unscripted reality show programming and on-demand videos could act as a gateway to more conventional programming, said Wolk.

“You can watch political things for free, his ad stuff, and then a combination of political and reality programming. If he has access to the beauty pageant videos, some form of fact,” said Wolk. “Those are down and filthy, and they will get up even sooner. Then he might have specials or movies on which he buys rights.”

Some expect that rather than establishing their own media network after leaving the White House, Trump will follow the current operation.

“Donald Trump has been, is and will still be a sensation in ratings,” said Christopher Rudy, CEO of Newsmax, according to the Los Angeles Times. “After the election, we will welcome his new show on Newsmax in a heartbeat.”

Read More: Trump Admin Declares Drug Stores Deal to Distribute Free COVID Vaccinations

google news

News

Omicron variant of COVID-19 spreading at low levels in Boulder, wastewater data shows

Published

on

Omicron variant of COVID-19 spreading at low levels in Boulder, wastewater data shows

The Boulder County resident who tested positive for the omicron variant of COVID-19 after traveling abroad likely isn’t the only person in the community who has it, and the public should keep taking precautions against the virus, state health officials said.

The delta variant still accounts for the vast majority of COVID-19 cases in Colorado. The state has confirmed two cases of the new omicron variant, both in people who had recently traveled to southern Africa, but a sampling of Boulder’s municipal wastewater system picked up some of the variant’s distinctive mutations, state epidemiologist Dr. Rachel Herlihy said at a news conference Tuesday afternoon.

Wastewater testing can’t pinpoint how many people may be infected, but the results suggest more than one person likely has omicron, Herlihy said. However, it doesn’t appear to be widespread in Boulder.

“There’s probably some low level of community transmission,” she said.

The first omicron infection in Colorado was confirmed in an Arapahoe County resident, but state officials have not reported any spread related to that case.

Herlihy urged people who develop COVID-19 symptoms or know they were exposed to get a PCR test, which looks for the virus’s genetic material. While at-home rapid tests are a good screening tool, the state can’t use them to track which variants are spreading in the community, she said.

“Our detection system only works if people get tested,” she said.

So far, omicron doesn’t appear to be causing more hospitalizations in South Africa — where it was first confirmed — than previous versions of SARS-CoV-2, which is “reassuring so far,” Herlihy said.

It does seem to be spreading more rapidly than the delta variant, but it’s not clear if that’s because it’s more contagious, or because it’s better at infecting people who are vaccinated or who have recovered from COVID-19 infection via another variant. It’s possible both could be factors, but the world won’t know with certainty for a few weeks.

google news
Continue Reading

News

Longtime family-owned Stevinson Automotive sells to Georgia-based company

Published

on

Longtime family-owned Stevinson Automotive sells to Georgia-based company

The family-owned and operated Stevinson Automotive, in business in Colorado for 59 years, has sold its eight dealerships to Georgia-based Asbury Automotive Group.

Charles “Chuck” Stevinson took over a Chevrolet dealership in Golden and opened a Toyota dealership in 1970. The company opened the first Lexus dealership in Colorado in 1989  and a companion Lexus franchise in 2006.

Stevinson acquired the Hyundai franchise in Longmont in 2011.

“For a family business like ours with long-term roots in the Denver community, making the decision to sell, and identifying the right buyer, were critical to me and my brothers.” Kent Stevinson, the automotive group’s president, said in a statement.

Kerrigan Advisors represented Stevinson in the transaction and said the company is the largest privately owned dealership group based in Denver. Stevinson has more than 600 employees.

“The Denver market is one of the most economically vibrant in the U.S. and an ideal market for strong automotive brands, such as those represented by Stevinson Automotive,” said Ryan Kerrigan, managing director of Kerrigan Advisors.

Asbury, which operates 101 dealerships nationwide, said the acquisition will add $715 million in annualized revenue to the company.

“We are thrilled to add to our growing footprint in the dynamic and growing Denver area, especially through a well-respected and successful dealership group like Stevinson,” David Hult, Asbury president and CEO, said in a statement.

Earlier this year, Kent Stevinson was inducted into the inaugural Colorado Automotive Hall of Fame.  In 2020, Kent Stevinson, his brother, Greg Stevinson, and his father, Charles Stevinson, were named to the Colorado Business Hall of Fame.

Greg Stevinson assumed chief responsibility for the family’s real estate holdings.

google news
Continue Reading

News

St. Louis radio station is playing Christmas music 24/7

Published

on

St. Louis radio station is playing Christmas music 24/7

ST. LOUIS – Those who love Christmas music will want to tune into 102.5 KEZK as the station is airing Christmas music 24/7 through the holiday.

The St. Louis radio station usually plays adult contemporary music, but changes to all Christmas music starting the second week of November.

Since 2003, 102.5 KEZK has been “St. Louis’ Official Christmas Station.”

Thirty-six hours of commercial-free Christmas music begins at noon Christmas Eve, ending at midnight Christmas Day.

During the first few weeks of the COVID-19 pandemic quarantines, KEZK played Christmas music, calling it “Christmas In March.”

google news
Continue Reading

Trending