Nearly, everyone, at – this – point, is, really, tired – of, this pandemic, which has changed our lives, for over a year. Instead, of emphasizing, politics, and/ or, absurd, conspiracy theories, doesn’t it make sense, to proceed, proactively, to do something, to eliminate its impacts? Although, the population of the United States, represents, only, about 4.5% of the world’s, the suffering has been, far greater (approximately, about one – quarter of the cases/ infections/ positive tests, and one – fifth of the fatalities)! Instead of thinking, we know better, than the public health scientists, and experts, wouldn’t we, fare – better, if/ when, we followed their suggestions and guidance? In order to, finally, return to some level, of, normal, and stop the horrific suffering, it is, past – time, for all of us, regardless of political/ personal agenda, and/ or, self – interest, to do everything, possible, for the common good! With that in mind, this article will attempt to, briefly, consider, examine, review, and discuss, 5 basic things, we must do, sooner, rather than later.
1. Public health/ Common sense/ personal responsibility: When, certain politicians, articulated a message, putting, perceived – economic benefits, etc, ahead of the overall, public health, and well – being, the public, generally, loses! Instead, common sense, and personal responsibility, should tell, each of us, to do, our part, to turn – the – tide!
2. Actions/ wear a mask/ social spacing: If, we only took, certain actions, such as wearing a mask (properly), social spacing, avoiding crowds, and assuming personal responsibility, the level of infection, would be significantly, reduced!
3. Remain vigilant: Don’t let your guard – down, now, because, we finally, have a vaccination, available! Do your part, and, if medically – able, get vaccinated, when your time, comes! Even then, remain vigilant, and, until, the public health experts, inform us, it is safe, keep doing the right things!
4. Get vaccinated when it’s your turn: When, I became eligible, I got vaccinated, and, so should you! The only way, we will end, this nightmare, is, if, a significant percentage (most experts state, herd immunity requires, at least 70%), assist, and get theirs!
5. Together is the best way, out, and forward: We can end this horrific pandemic, if/ when, we wake up, stop the bickering (and, stupidity), and proceed, in a united/ unified manner! Together, we can beat this, but it will take patience, understanding, doing the right things, and listening to the expert’s suggestions!
If we want to heal, the nation, both, emotionally/ mentally, as well as, in terms of the public health, we must proceed, wisely, and together! Will you be, part of the solution?