Lighting and Interior Decoration
The link between the ‘Lighting’ and Interior Decoration is very evident. However, ‘Lighting’ is often underrated as it is mainly perceived as a necessity. Perceiving ‘Lighting’ as a mere source of illumination to aid visibility limits its applications in Interior Decoration. Nevertheless, with changing times, the scope of utilisation of ‘Lighting’ has significantly expanded.
With the advent of modernisation, it is not just lifestyle that has changed. The taste and aesthetics of people have changed as well. Gradually, more and more people are exploring different styles, such as clean, modern style, minimalist style, contemporary style, industrial style, bohemian style, and much more. However, ‘Lighting’ remains an essential element between all these styles. Modern Aesthetic views ‘Lighting’ as an important element that highlights each interior style and also sets them apart. To be exact, ‘Lighting’ is the ultimate star of Modern Interior Decoration.
Prevalently, lighting choices were divided between energy-saving lights and functional lights (bright lights). However, with changing styles and preferences, more choices of lighting have appeared in the market. Nowadays, one can easily find a light that suits their taste and budget, and it does not just stop there. One can also find the perfect space-efficient light to fit the space of their home or workspace effortlessly. Currently, LED lighting choices have become the most popular choice for interiors.
Modern LED lighting gained popularity over traditional halogen and fluorescent bulbs in the early 21st century, although its invention dates back to 1962. Initially, LED lights were used in hospitals and other commercial spaces as they lasted for a long time without losing their brightness. LED lights were deemed as a convenient lighting choice and space-efficient due to their slim and compact design. Currently, many LED light options are available to suit the aesthetic and preference of different people. For example-
- Lamps: Among the LED light choices, lamps are widely used for indoor interior decoration. Lamps are available in various shapes, and have different levels of brightness. Lamps are easy to install and very cost-efficient.
- Ceiling Lights: Ceiling lights focus on illuminating your room without occupying much space. Ceiling lights can be installed on normal and false ceilings easily. Ceiling lights are available in different sizes, and the most opted shapes are square and round.
- Panel Lights: Similar to ceiling lights, panel lights are installed on ceilings. Panel lights are a popular space-efficient and cost-efficient choice.
- Spot Lights: Led spot light is gradually gaining popularity in modern interior designs. Spot lights can be used to illuminate any space. Spot lights are ideal for retail stores, but they can also be used for home interior decoration. Spot lights focus on one particular section of the interior and highlight them, adding to the modern interior design aesthetic.
- Tube Lights: Compared to traditional halogen tube lights, LED tube lights are more energy-efficient. LED tube lights have a slimmer design compared to conventional halogen tube lights.
- Flood Lights: Much like spot lights, flood lights are used to highlight any particular section of the interior. However, flood lights provide greater coverage compared to spotlights.
Using LED Lights in Interior Design
LED lights give a clean, stylish look to interiors. Each type of LED light adds to the aesthetic of the Interior Design differently. Minimalist, modern and contemporary interior designs mostly utilise spot lights, panel light and ceiling lights. The spacing-saving quality of spot lights, panel light, and ceiling lights are ideal for minimalist interior plans to maximise the space while maintaining the simplicity of the interior design. Meanwhile, led lamps are a good choice for bohemian, transitional, industrial and classic interior designs.
The lamps can illuminate the interior while adding to the aesthetic of the interior design. The different shapes and colours of lamp can add a personal touch to the interior design. The lamps can be installed in a lampshade and table tables to personalise the interior design. Overall, LED lights are the perfect combination of functionality and modern aesthetic in interior designing. Hence, just like the saying “Clothes make the man”, one can say, “Lighting makes the interior design.”