ALBANY, N.Y. (NEWS10) — The Albany Police Department reports arresting Corey Foster, 29, of Albany on Thursday. They say he was carrying cocaine and a loaded handgun on Sherman Street.
At about 10:45 a.m., detectives stopped Foster on Sherman Street between Robin Street and North Lake Avenue. They say it was part of an ongoing investigation.
Police say Foster was holding cocaine in both hands. They also say that he was carrying a bag with a 9mm handgun. He’s charged with:
- Second- and third-degree criminal possession of a weapon
- Seventh-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance
Police say they also arrested Foster on the strength of an April bench warrant issued from Albany City Criminal Court for failure to appear on previous arrests.
More from NEWS10
- Pentagon reverses itself, calls deadly Kabul drone strike an error
- Albany County coronavirus update, September 18
- 9/18/2021: One last cloudy, humid day
- Brian Laundrie missing as search for his fiancé Gabby Petito continues
- Shenendehowa defense brings the juice in revenge win over Guilderland