WHITEHALL, N.Y. (NEWS10) — County Route 21 in Whitehall is closed between Winters Road and Baker Road due to flooding from a beaver dam break. The Washington County Department of Public Safety (DPS) says the road will need significant repairs and will remain closed for about a week.
A single residence was affected, causing damage to the driveway. DPS says there was no damage to the house and no one was injured.
Personnel from the Whitehall Volunteer Fire Company Inc., New York State Police, Washington County Department of Public Works and Washington County Department of Public Safety responded to the area Monday morning and are continuing mitigation efforts.
More from NEWS10
More from News10
- Union demands better protection at youth facility
- Check your freezer: 14 tons of DiGiorno pizzas recalled over allergy concerns
- Price Chopper/Market 32 offering COVID-19 booster shots
- Mic’d up at the AFW Foundation ‘Pack Gives Back’ charity golf outing
- Albany Firewolves Foundation hosts first annual ‘Pack Gives Back’ charity golf outing
Follow us on social media