Almost all brands are taking advantage of this mobile app development process for their promotion to reach out to an appropriate audience. And among them, eCommerce is one of those industries which is gaining popularity in mobile app development and is generating high revenue in the market.
Mobile apps are gaining popularity and generating revenue with each passing year because of the increasing demand for the brands. According to a study by Statita.com, mobile apps are projected to create more than 935 billion U.S. dollars in revenues via paid downloads and in-app advertising. Here is the graphical representation of this factor:
According to research by Staita.com, From US$ 1 trillion in 2014 to US$ 6.54 trillion in 2022 (expected), online shopping has proved to be one of the most popular online activities worldwide.
If you are one of those businesses, startups for brands looking and planning for eCommerce mobile app development, do not get confused. You need to sit back and relax. We are presenting to you the complete step by step process of eCommerce mobile app development.
Here are the steps you need to follow for developing a particular mobile application. Well, when you hire an eCommerce mobile app developer, he needs to follow all these steps. So have a quick look at them:Market Research
Deep market research will lead to a deep foundation of success. So, it would help if you did rich market research before developing an eCommerce mobile application. In this step, you need to determine how your app will cater for the needs of those locally, nationally and globally.
You need to specify the functioning and the behaviour of your apps, like whether it will cover all the brands like Amazon and Alibaba or it will cover a specific brand like Zara and Nike. It is mandatory to set your goals because all the features, strategies and analytics will be dependent on this research.Think Beyond The Needs of The Customers
There is tough competition in the eCommerce industry. So if you are planning to go for eCommerce mobile app development, you need to design something beyond the needs and desires of the customers. This simply means all eCommerce platforms are fulfilling the basic needs of the customers. But if you want to succeed in this journey, you need to do even better than your competitors.
You need to introduce the latest technologies in your eCommerce mobile app like AR and VR for a better user experience. In addition, these technologies will add extra charm to your marketing strategy.Features in Your App
After deciding about the technology for eCommerce mobile app development, you need to plan for the features you will introduce in your app. Following are the features you can add to your eCommerce mobile app:
- Push messages – Push messages are one of the essential features that you can introduce in your eCommerce mobile app.
- Easy checkouts – Easy checkouts or Quick checkouts make purchases more comfortable and feasible. With quick checkouts, you can make customers happy in two ways. One, it will help customers in managing the previous purchase. Secondly, it will make repeat purchases more accessible and quicker.
- Look-books – Well, this is one of the most famous fashion features, and we usually see this feature in multiple contexts.
- Wishlist – This is popular for B2C retailers but also B2B buyers. The reason is that B2B customers will often make repeat purchases. Via a wishlist, repeat purchases can be made a lot faster.
- Multiple payment options – Do not forget to provide various payment options in your mobile application because this is the thing that makes your customer happier. Your customer should not get stuck or get confused while making payments. In addition, multiple modes of payment help the customers to feel more comfortable proceeding with shopping.In different payment gateways, you can provide options of Card payment, UPI, Net banking and more.
- Custom branding and design elements – Design and branding logos play an essential role in the mobile app development process because people get attracted after seeing the look of your app. A good-looking mobile app always attracts customers. Therefore, you need to design your app according to the identity and service of your brand. So, for that, you need a customized eCommerce mobile app for your business.
- A review/rating system – Review and the rating feature in your mobile app is a must because it will build customers’ trust for the purchase. People can rely on your eCommerce mobile app after going through the previous reviews and ratings related to particular products and services.
- Social media integration – Today, all people are active on social media, especially the young generation. So make your platform active on social media as social media is the only bridge between the young aspiring customers and the brands.
- Native experiences – Although these features do not come on the top priority but keep the same importance for a good user experience. Features or experiences like swipes, taps, touches, and optimal use of screen space all, add to your app.
Time and Cost in eCommerce Mobile App Development Process
- Time for Development: There is no fixed time for all mobile app development services. It always depends on the requirement of the features. But on the whole, I would like to say that hybrid apps take less time than native app development. So, if you can go with hybrid app development, you can go for hybrid mobile development.
- Cost of Development: Again, I would like to say that the eCommerce mobile app development cost depends on the number of features you want to introduce in that mobile app. But still, hybrid apps are cheaper as compared to native apps.
But for a better user experience, you can’t stick to the hybrid app; instead, you need to switch to the native apps. In addition, if you want to retain a long-term relationship with your customers, you need to switch to native apps.
So these are some of the steps which you need to take into consideration while going for eCommerce mobile app development. In short, I would like to say that you need to start with the planning and the market research and can end up with a good user experience.
If you are planning to develop a good eCommerce app, then a good and reliable mobile app development company can help you with a good consultancy and affordable budget.