People who have been injured by dangerous medications often feel helpless and alone.
When you or someone you love has been seriously hurt by a medication that was supposed to help you, it may be difficult to know what to ask or where to find help.
Is your attorney local?
Laws are different in every state. While some attorneys are licensed to practice in more than one statemeaning they are familiar with the laws of those statesmost lawyers are licensed to practice locally, either in their own state, or nearby.
Does he or she have experience with this type of case?
The law can be complex. It is important, therefore, to find an attorney who limits their practice to the type of legal issue with which you are faced. In the case of pharmaceutical injuries, it is important to choose a lawyer who not only has experience with personal injury law, but with pharmaceuticals specifically.
A capable, experienced pharmaceutical attorney will be able to read and understand all the evidence that arises in pharmaceutical cases, including studies, medical data, and other specialized information.
Is the attorney well-regarded?
Choosing the right personal injury lawyer [http://www.rwklaw.com/about_us.shtml] can be difficult. It is essential, however, to choose an attorney with the right credentials and legal experience to win your case.
Fortunately, there are several ways to research a personal injury lawyer’s experience and credentials, including:
· Martindale-Hubbell National Law Directory. Martindale-Hubbell is an independent evaluator, which rates attorneys professional skill and integrity.
· Board Certification. The National Board of Trial Advocacy (NBTA) is accredited by the American Bar Association (ABA) and the Supreme Court of Ohio to certify lawyers in the specialty area of civil trial advocacy. NBTA board-certified attorneys are required to meet rigorous standards that include significant trial experience, judicial and attorney peer review, written examination, and continuing legal education.
· Million Dollar Advocates Forum. Membership in the Million Dollar Advocates Forum is limited to attorneys who have won million and multi-million dollar verdicts and settlements. Less than 1% of U.S. lawyers are members.
· Super Lawyers. Super Lawyers is a listing of the top 5% of attorneys in each state, as chosen by their peers and through independent research of Law & Politics magazine.
· Experience. Most attorneys will provide prospective clients with an overview of their relevant experience. Look to hire a lawyer who has handled cases similar to yours in the past, and who has other relevant experience.