Connect with us

News

Winning $800,000 Illinois lotto ticket sold in Pontoon Beach

Published

on

College visit road trip results in $50,000 Powerball win for St. Charles family

News

Ex-boyfriend of woman found dead in Illinois storage shed charged with murder

Published

on

Ex-boyfriend of woman found dead in Illinois storage shed charged with murder

ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — Jonathan “Kyle” VanDuyn, of Marengo, has been indicted on murder charges in the death of Michelle Arnold-Boesiger, whose body was found inside a Roscoe U-Haul storage shed in November 2020.

Winnebago County State’s Attorney J. Hanley announced VanDuyn, 33, has been indicted on charges of First Degree Murder and Concealment of a Homicidal Death on January 19th, 202.

Authorities say Arnold-Boesiger’s body was found in a Jeep Renegade inside a Roscoe U-Haul storage shed on November 15th, 2020. That Jeep Renegade was registered to Vanduyn.

Her body had been covered with blankets and bedding. In a news release, the State’s Attorney’s office wrote, “There was also odor eliminator in the vehicle that appeared to be placed there to cover up the inevitable decomposition of her body.”

An autopsy found the manner of death was either homicide by asphyxiation, accidental from the ingestion of drugs, or a combination of the two.   

The State’s Attorney’s Office said the investigation found Jonathan Vanduyn and Michelle Arnold-Boesiger had been in a romantic relationship at the time she was reported missing, and there was a history of physical abuse of Arnold-Boesiger by Vanduyn.

Investigators say at about 2:33 pm on November 15, Arnold-Boesiger called to refill a prescription at a pain management clinic in Algonquin, Illinois. They say five minutes later her debit card was used at a Home Depot to purchase the items found in Vanduyn’s Jeep Renegade.

Investigators added over the next several weeks, Arnold-Boesiger’s debit card was used on multiple occasions by Jonathan Vanduyn.

During the second week of December of 2020, Vanduyn abducted his 10-year-old daughter from Wisconsin and drove her to a remote location in Indiana. In about one day his daughter was recovered and Jonathan Vanduyn was taken into custody. Vanduyn was driving Arnold-Boesiger’s Dodge Ram truck.

Arnold-Boesiger was reported missing on January 3rd to the Holiday Hills Police Department. The McHenry County Sheriff’s Office took over the investigation and obtained a probable cause warrant to search the storage facility, where her body was found.

Winnebago County authorities have begun the extradition process for VanDuyn from the Wisconsin Department of Corrections, where he is currently serving a seven-year prison sentence on the charge of Interference with Child Custody.

google news
Continue Reading

News

McDonald’s adding 4 menu hacks including Crunchy Double and Hash Brown McMuffin

Published

on

McDonald’s adding 4 menu hacks including Crunchy Double and Hash Brown McMuffin

McDonald’s said the new(ish) sandwiches were inspired by fans who shared their ideas on social media. (Brandon Bell/Getty Images)

(NEXSTAR) – Don’t worry, the Crunchy Double isn’t nearly as intimidating as it sounds.

McDonald’s will soon be expanding its menu to include four “new takes” on some of its most popular menu items, each of which is said to be inspired by fans who “hacked” the McDonald’s menu to create their own food mashups over the years.

What’s more, McDonald’s will be allowing customers to order each item “by name” — or rather, the unofficial nickname that each sandwich goes by on social media.  

Included among these items, McDonald’s will be offering the following four sandwiches:

  • Hash Brown McMuffin: A McMuffin with a sausage patty, egg and a hash brown (available during breakfast hours only)
  • The Crunchy Double: A McDonald’s Double Cheeseburger augmented with Chicken McNuggets and barbecue sauce   
  • Land, Air & Sea: A Big Mac frankensteined together with a McChicken and a Filet-o-Fish
  • Surf + Turf: A Double Cheeseburger with components from the Filet-o-Fish (only available via the McDonald’s app or McDelivery)
1643217979 753 McDonalds adding 4 menu hacks including Crunchy Double and Hash
(McDonald’s)

It should be noted, though, that there are several caveats to the latest McDonald’s promotion. For starters, the employees at McDonald’s won’t be building these sandwiches for customers, but rather providing “all the menu items” that a customer might need to create their own. It’s also unclear if there’s any discount in pricing for those who order one of the “hacked” items, as opposed to ordering all the necessary components separately.

Customers can begin ordering these “craveable combos” starting on Jan. 31, but only at participating restaurants, and only for a limited time.

The idea of “hacking” the McDonald’s menu, meanwhile, is nothing new. Fans have been sharing their own ideas for off-the-menu munchies for years, usually via the internet or on social media. McDonald’s however, has yet to officially recognize some of the most persistent ideas from the fan community — namely, the “Apple Pie McFlurry,” made by blending a Baked Apple Pie into a McFlurry, and the “Mc10:35”, a mashup of a McMuffin and a McDouble (and named for the time of day when both items might’ve been available available to customers prior to McDonald’s announcing its all-day breakfast initiative).

google news
Continue Reading

News

Carlos Beltrán brings his own baggage to next year’s Baseball Hall of Fame ballot

Published

on

Carlos Beltrán brings his own baggage to next year’s Baseball Hall of Fame ballot

With Barry Bonds, Roger Clemens and Curt Schilling off the ballot, next year’s Hall of Fame vote figures to be a bit less contentious.

Then again, the top newcomer arrives with his own recent baggage. Forget about steroids for a minute, it’s time to talk about sign stealing.

Carlos Beltrán is eligible for the Hall of Fame in 2023, and although the sweet-swinging outfielder had a distinguished career at the plate and in the field, he was implicated in the Houston Astros’ sign-stealing scandal. It cost him a managing job with the New York Mets.

It’s unclear whether voters will treat Beltrán as harshly as they have Bonds, Clemens and various other stars whose accomplishments have been called into question by allegations of performance-enhancing drug use. All of Bonds’ home runs and Clemens’ Cy Young Awards weren’t enough for either to reach the 75% threshold for induction to the Hall in voting by the Baseball Writers’ Association of America, and they were both rejected in their 10th and final year on the ballot.

Schilling turned off voters with his behavior in recent years, including social media posts about Muslim extremists, transgender people and journalists. He and Sammy Sosa also fell short in their 10th year in the voting announced Tuesday. David Ortiz was the only player elected.

Needless to say, next year’s ballot will look a lot different.

THE NEWBIE

Beltrán stands out on next year’s eligibility list: A nine-time All-Star, his 20-year career included 435 home runs, 312 stolen bases and some impressive postseason numbers. Beltrán finally won a World Series in his final season — with Houston in 2017.

When that team was later investigated, MLB said Beltrán was among those involved in the illicit use of electronics to steal signs. The Mets, who had hired him to be their manager, parted ways with him before he was even in charge a single game, although A.J. Hinch and Alex Cora — two other managers who were cut loose amid the fallout from that scandal — are now back in charge in big-league dugouts.

ROLEN INCHING CLOSER

Scott Rolen is the top returning player on next year’s ballot after receiving 63.2% of the vote this time around. He was in his fifth year under consideration and improved from 52.9%.

Ryan Thibodaux, who runs an online Hall of Fame ballot tracker, said sometimes if a player’s support surges among voters who release their ballots publicly, it takes a little longer for his support to grow among voters who keep their choices private.

“You saw it with (Tim) Raines and you saw it with Edgar (Martinez) and you saw it with Larry Walker. When those guys made their big jump, they still didn’t make a big jump on the private ballots,” Thibodaux said. “But that did happen the next year. But the only caveat with that is that the private-ballot jump with all of those guys was always their 10th year on the ballot. So with Rolen, he’s got five more years after this year. There’s no real imperative, time-wise.”

RELIEVERS

It was a mixed bag for some of the game’s top relievers this year. Billy Wagner improved from 46.4% to 51%, but Joe Nathan (4.3%) and Jonathan Papelbon (1.3%) fell off the ballot on their first try.

google news
Continue Reading

Trending