Is it possible to sell your gold or silver jewelry without getting cheated? The world of buying and selling gold can seem rough, but knowing the right approaches allows you to sell your jewelry smartly. We’ll go over the pros and cons of selling to jewelry stores, pawnshops, professional gold buyers, and online services. Then, we’ll let you in on how much money you can expect to get from selling your gold jewelry and how to get the highest possible price.
Get an offer from a jeweler to remain on the safe side.
This is a quick method to seal a deal in person and walk away with your pockets filled with cash, but it is possible that you may not get as much money from a jewelry store as you would if you decide to sell your possessions to a gold buyer. As most of the times, they don’t make calculations accurately because they don’t usually have calibrated scale. Lastly, a jeweler might try to convince and pressure you to purchase an item in their store, even if you’re only trying to sell your jewelry.
- To make sure they’re respectable, you need to check out the Best Gold Buyers In Kansas City credentials online. You have to check if they are present a trade group like the American Gem Society, Jewelers of America, the GIA, or the Jewelers Vigilance Committee.
- After this, check the business up with the Better Business Bureau (BBB) and look out for online reviews.
- It is advisable to obtain numerous quotes before selling your jewelry. Different outlets may proffer lower prices than others. It usually relies on how much of a cut they take and whether they can identify special pieces.
Sell to a gold buyer for the most reasonable price
You need to discover a local gold buyer by reviewing online reviews and you can look for the business in the BBB directory. Their scales are calibrated by the official Weights and Measures Division to confirm you have a reasonable and correct reading. Purchasing gold is their only business, so contrary to jewelry stores, they aren’t compelled to sell you another piece of jewelry. Gold buyers are usually certified by the Department of Justice as well as with their local police departments to assist retrieve any stolen gold they get.
One of the best approaches to sell your gold is to get the service of cash for gold. Why? All you need to do is visit the service provider’s store, get your jewelry appraised, and accept the offer. The service providers do not persuade you to accept their offer.
Most service providers melt gold, so when you sell it, you should expect to be paid about 70-80% of the melt value. That disparity is due to the buyer’s portion of the profits and the expense of melting down the piece. But if you are selling designer jewelry such as Tiffany’s, or an antique piece, you can anticipate more than 80% of the melt worth. If anyone presents you scrap gold prices for a designer piece, it is advisable to steer clear.
Grab at least 3 quotes from buyers on the phone
You need to inform buyers about the exact weight of gold and request a total payout amount. Be cautious of businesses that only quote a “price per gram” because they may only be considering 24 karat gold.
- It always makes a sensible idea to get a price by asking “What will the total payout?”
- If any place is not ready to give you a phone quote with an acceptable explanation, they’re probably trying to trick you because their payouts are awful.
- Always make sure to research thoroughly before visiting the place that equipped you with the best phone quote. You can also check them out on Google, Facebook, and Yelp.
The best gold buyer in Kansas City will not trick you into something that lead to bad outcomes. They ensure to give you the most honest prices. When it comes to selling gold, then it’s best to go for cash for gold service. This service is always for silver as well. You can sell your silver possessions as well. Bid adieu to money related woes by selling your gold or silver.