Fashion Designing is a professional specialization that involves research & analysis of consumer preferences, culture, art, social fabric, ensuing trends as well as available techniques etc. basis which they conceive innovative concepts, ideate on unique designs, identify appropriate materials and/or fabric in apt colours and patterns to craft customized apparels as well as accessories such as jewellery, handbags, footwear etc.
Additionally they have to collaborate with teams from varied departments along with negotiating better deals with vendors. They are also responsible for sales as well as profits.
Following are the advantages:
- Ease of commencing entrepreneurial journey: Bachelors will assist you with business knowledge. You will also get competencies in managing budgets and implementing sales & marketing strategies that will allow you to do better when you set your business- launch your own brand and setup Boutiques.
- Range of Opportunities: On completion of bachelor’s degree, a fashion designer has umpteen opportunities. Following are some of the career profiles he can consider:
- Fashion Designer: Fashion Designers apply their creativity to visualize innovative design concepts for new clothing or accessories collection.
- Textile Designer: They employ their artistic ability to design patterns for knitted, woven or printed fabrics in textile and fabric manufacturing units. They specialize in fabrics for interiors- such as soft furnishings, upholstery and carpets or fabrics for fashion.
- Retail Buyer: They ensure sourcing of suitable products at apt prices basis the market trends, preferences of target audience etc.
- Stylist: They work with celebrities and are responsible to identify appropriate wardrobe and styling for various engagements like fashion shows, appearances and photo shoots etc.
- Writer: He can work as fashion critique or write for fashion magazines, blogs etc. He can even be an influencer and evaluate various fashion collections, products etc.
- Creative Satisfaction: Fashion Designing offers a platform to express yourself through clothes. The creative contentment that one enjoys in creation of fashion trends in addition to watching people wearing your designs is unrivaled.
- Glamour: One of the most glamorous industries, Fashion Designing involves dressing up of celebrities and models besides interaction on a daily basis. Furthermore, you also assist writers as well as directors in bringing alive the characters in their upcoming movies and other performing arts.
- Travelling opportunities: Fashion Designer not only has to be up to date with trends, but also has to keep abreast with new materials and techniques by attending various fashion events across the globe. Besides this, he also need to meet other fashion designers and must be able to predict future trends. He has to present his collections at various fashion shows. Thus fulfils his wanderlust in the process.
- Knowledge of fabrics and materials: Bachelors will acquaint you with varied fabrics, diverse materials along with its properties as well as patterns. Furthermore it will equip you with an understanding of tension of different stitches and embroidery. All this will facilitate enhanced construction of a garment. After all it’s is imperative to Identify the ideal fabric in order to better articulate your ideas.
Register now to gain from studying fashion designing.