A toll free number is usually an 1800 series that can be dialed free of charge, anywhere across India. It is the business that bears the cost of both incoming and outgoing facilities of the toll free service. Thus, a customer who calls on a business toll free number is not charged anything. The numbers usually have prefixes like 860, 855, 888, etc.
The history of toll free numbers dates back to the 1990s when it was first introduced in the Western Hemisphere to reduce long-distance calls. As the first prefix used for toll free numbers was ‘800’, they were also called ‘800 numbers’. In recent years, toll free numbers are assigned based on the geographical area codes.
Toll free numbers can be broadly divided into three categories:
- Domestic Toll free number: A domestic company with offices in different geographical locations uses this toll free number. It enables the customers to call them quickly and without incurring any call charge.
- Universal International Freephone number: An Universal International Freephone number is an eleven-digit number that can be used by a business universally in all geographical locations where a business is established. Businesses with a global setup or businesses that want to mark a global presence should get a Universal International Freephone number. A business can use this same toll free number irrespective of the geographical area and enables customers to call them without any barrier.
- International Toll Free number: These toll free contact numbers are country-specific numbers. A business can easily use this number to connect with customers. It provides easy connectivity of business with the customers at a minimum expenditure and at no cost for the customers.
The benefits of customer service to a business that uses toll free numbers can be cited as follows:
- Increase lead conversion: A customer would be interested in a business when they see other customers using the given business’s products and services. Customer satisfaction leads to more customers in the business. With toll free numbers being a brand identity and also providing authentication in the age of online frauds, it easily draws more customers.
- Build brand recall value: A toll free number becomes the brand identity as it provides immediate access to the business for the customers. It helps in creating a safety net for the customers to trust a business and confirm its authentication. With genuine branding, a business flourishes in the market as more customers are drawn along with creating lead generations.
- Generate Business to newer market: A toll free number becomes a medium for communication for any customer across the world. As the customer does not bear the call charges, a toll free number is more accessible for communication.
- Boost customer satisfaction: Toll free numbers are economical and time-saving for both, the business and customers. It reduces customer hesitation to call the business number as the customer is not charged anything. A customer can resolve their issue without being charged and just through a call.
- Track marketing campaigning: A toll free number records call of customers and help in maintaining a database. A business can use it to create better services for customers and also use it to generate tools to train the agents for better service delivery.
- 24×7 service availability: A toll free number is available 24×7 for customers which makes a business flourish in no time. It helps a business to extend its services across the globe with no barriers to communication, irrespective of the time zones.
Knowlarity is a leading Indian toll free number service provider. It helps businesses in creating a brand image with maximum features, thus it is also popularly known for being one of the providers with the lowest Indian toll free number. It helps in increasing lead generations, to expand market reach to operate in new market spaces, enhancing interactivity for campaigns, etc. Knowlarity provides a free trial for Indian toll free numbers to choose better plans for themselves. It is trusted by more than 6000 organizations from more than 65 countries across the world.