latest news Marilyn Manson abuse investigation underway, LA prosecutor says

0
26
latest news Marilyn Manson abuse investigation underway, LA prosecutor says
google news

An investigation into allegations of abuse against rock singer Marilyn Manson is still ongoing by the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department, Dist. Atti. George Gascón said Monday in a video update posted on social media.

The investigation “has not yet been submitted to our office,” Gascón said. “Rest assured that we ask for regular updates on the status of this investigation.

“Once we receive the case, it will be carefully assessed by experienced prosecutors to determine whether it is appropriate to press charges at that time. We hope the [Sheriff’s Department] will present the case to us this month.

A spokesperson for the sheriff’s department said Monday the investigation “is active and ongoing” and declined to comment further.

Gascón’s update was part of the “Ask the DA” series, in which he answers questions submitted via social media.

Authorities began investigating domestic violence allegations against Marilyn Manson, whose legal name is Brian Warner, last year. A search warrant was served on his home in November.

“The incidents occurred between 2009 and 2011 when Mr. Warner lived in the city of West Hollywood,” the sheriff’s department said last year. He did not identify the accuser.

HBO’s “Westworld” star Evan Rachel Wood was in a relationship with Manson at the time. She got engaged to the singer in 2010 before going their separate ways.

Last year, Wood and several other women publicly accused Manson of abuse.

“He started treating me when I was a teenager and abused me horribly for years,” Wood wrote in Instagram posts. “I was brainwashed and manipulated into submission. I ended up living in fear of retaliation, slander or blackmail.

Manson denied the allegations. In March, he sued Wood and artist Illma Gore in LA County Superior Court, charging them with defamation, fraud and conspiracy.

Manson also faces a federal lawsuit in Los Angeles alleging sexual assault, battery and human trafficking. The complaint was filed last year by actor Esmé Bianco.

Bianco alleges that she was raped and subjected to sleep deprivation and forced labor after Manson offered to help her obtain a work visa.

“The District Attorney is committed to investing in trauma-informed care for all victims of sexual assault, abuse and domestic violence,” Gascón said in Monday’s video. “We understand how difficult it can be to come forward as a victim, especially when the case involves this level of notoriety, and we are committed to treating all victims with the highest level of care and respect. “

google news
Previous articleSenate Republicans issue report blaming agency for allowing fraud in pandemic program
Next article‘Succession,’ ‘Ted Lasso’ top Emmys; 1st time winners shine