Barcelona ready to settle dispute with Griezmann

0
24
Are Barcelona considering legal action against Atletico Madrid over Antoine Griezmann's playing time?
google news

The summer transfer window is closed for major leagues in Europe. However, with one eye on January, there’s a lot of gossip swirling about who’s moving where. Transfer Talk brings you all the latest buzz on rumours, whereabouts and, of course, deals!

TOP STORY: Barcelona ready to end standoff with Atletico Madrid over Antoine Griezmann

Barcelona are pushing to end their dispute with Atletico Madrid over the loan of Antoine Griezmannand they’re ready to settle the matter for a €25m fee, according to Mundo Deportivo.

In the summer of 2021, Griezmann joined Atletico on a loan deal which is due to end at the end of this season. But it’s possible the courts will be involved when the time comes, although Barcelona are keen to find an amicable solution instead.

Barca’s current position is that Atletico have triggered the contract clause to make Griezmann’s loan a permanent transfer as he has exceeded 50% of games played in Madrid. However, Atletico argue that the 50% threshold applies over the two years of the loan.

Barcelona want to recoup some of the money they spent on signing Griezmann, while Atletico manager Diego Simeone wants to be able to use the striker freely without worrying about the €40m clause being triggered. Until last week’s Madrid derby where Griezmann started, Simeone only fielded the Frenchman for 30 minutes or less as a substitute.

Although there was no direct contact, according to the report, Barca want to negotiate, and despite the price of the disputed contract clause, they are ready to accept a minimum of 25 million euros, i.e. 15 million euros less than they asked for. Moreover, Barcelona are looking to find a solution before the first weekend of January, so that it doesn’t interfere with the game played between the two clubs.

Griezmann may not be aware of all the intricacies of the negotiations, but he is said to be hoping this will be sorted out quickly so he can help Atletico without the restrictions imposed by the clause – all the more so. that he will need as many minutes as possible before the world cup.

LIVE BLOG

09:00 BST: Inter Milan consider signing Juventus winger Juan Cuadrado as a free agent at the end of the season, according to Calciomercato.

Cuadrado is under contract at Turin until next summer and has so far turned down all offers for a contract extension. The 34-year-old wants to consider his options and Inter are monitoring his situation closely.

The Colombia international joined Juve on a first loan from Chelsea in 2015 and signed a permanent contract with the Bianconeri in 2017.

The Nerazzurri signed Hakan Calhanoglu as a free agent in 2021 after his contract with AC Milan expired and made a similar move this summer when they added Henrikh Mkhitaryan for free after his contract with Roma ended.

PAPER GOSSIP (by Danny Lewis)

– Liverpool and Manchester United are both monitoring the Flamengo midfielder Joao Gomes, although ESPN’s Tim Vickery said on talkSPORT that it’s not the first time the Red Devils have watched the 21-year-old. “It looked like they [United] could have been interested in him when Andreas Pereira was on loan from United at Flamengo,” Vickery explained. “In the end [Pereira] ended up going to Fulham. There was speculation that in exchange for this deal they could take Joao Gomes, but they didn’t.”

– Sport Bild reported that Bayern Munich had a clause that would allow him to re-sign Tanguy Nianzou from Sevilla for 50 million euros, which will increase to 55 million euros from September 19, 2023. The 20-year-old Frenchman joined the LaLiga club for 16 million euros in August, with that fee rising to 20 million euros.

– There have already been plenty of names linked with Juventus for the summer transfer window in 2023, and La Gazzetta dello Sport report that I Bianconeri watch Real Madrid Marco Asensio and that of Benfica Alexandre Grimaldo. Juventus are particularly keen to strengthen in the broad areas of their attack and defence, and both named players are said to be available as free agents, with their current contracts ending next summer.

Massimiliano Allegri is under pressure following torrid form at Juventus, which has seen them go five consecutive matches in all competitions without a single win, and Tuttosport have compiled a list of seven managers who could replace the Italian if he leaves: Thomas Tuchel, Paolo Montero, Mauricio Pochettino, Paulo Sousa, Zinedine Zidane, Didier Deschamps and Roberto Mancini.

espn

google news
Previous articleHyperchain X Is the World’s First Community Driven Token in Gaming Launches Its First Product, the Gaming NFT Marketplace
Next articleThe 14 Best Weed Tools and Gadgets