Crystal Palace welcome Chelsea to Selhurst Park looking to get out of the danger zone.
Currently 16th on the points table with just one win from their opening six games, Patrick Vieira’s side haven’t quite started their campaign as they would have hoped.
After a 4-2 loss to Manchester City and a draw in their last two games against Brentford and Newcastle, the Eagles now face Chelsea who have beaten the south London club in each of their last nine league games.
Although the Blues have lacked consistency this season, winning three and losing two which resulted in Thomas Tuchel being sacked, Chelsea will be looking to put on a show of combat with new boss Graham Potter.
The former Brighton manager approaches his first Premier League game in charge of Chelsea on a positive note as the Blues beat West Ham 2-1 before the international break.
However, the pressure will be on Potter as he needs to equal the record set by former Chelsea managers.
Aside from goalkeepers, only one of the last 10 managers to take charge of the Blues has lost their first league game (W6 D3), although it was the only other permanent England manager they have had during this period (Frank Lampard, 0-4 against Manchester United in 2019).
Can Palace earn the three vital points or can Potter get Chelsea back on track?
talkSPORT EDGE have a look…
- Since a 2-1 win over Chelsea in October 2017, Crystal Palace have lost each of their last nine league games against the Blues – only to Liverpool (10) have the Eagles lost more consecutively in their league history.
- None of the last 22 Premier League meetings between Crystal Palace and Chelsea have been drawn, with the Blues winning 18 against the Eagles’ four. It is the longest streak without a draw between two teams in the history of the competition
- Chelsea have won eight of their last nine Premier League away derbies in London, apart from a 3-2 defeat at West Ham last season. The Blues have kept seven clean sheets in this series, conceding four goals
- Crystal Palace have lost just one of their last nine Premier League home games (W4 D4), losing 2-0 to Arsenal in the season opener
- Chelsea have lost three of their last five away games in the Premier League (W2), as many as they had in their first 26 on the road under former manager Thomas Tuchel. They have lost each of their last two away league games, last losing three in a row in December 2020
- Christian Pulisic has scored five goals in his five Premier League starts against Crystal Palace, including three at Selhurst Park
- Crystal Palace have drawn more than any other Premier League side since the start of last season (18)
- Chelsea are averaging 11.7 shots per game in the Premier League this season (70 shots in six games), their lowest ever single-season average in the competition (since 1997-98)
Gabby gives us her quick-fire squad ahead of West Ham vs Wolves
All the stats and numbers ahead of a fiery NLD between Arsenal and Tottenham
Gabby predicts Saturday’s scores, including a North London derby at the Emirates
The daily transfer news from talkSPORT EDGE
England squad odds for the 2022 World Cup: Maguire, Foden and Stones in the starting XI
Gabby gives us her brutal first Premier League report